1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 800 points

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lord Rekt, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Lord Rekt
    Jungle Swarm

Lord Rekt New Member

Hey guys, so I'm new to this site and to fantasy but so far I enjoy both, and I would like to give you my 800 point army and why I find them effective. Here we go

Lord
    Saurus Oldblood-On Cold One, with great blade, shield and light armour=191points
    Hero
    2 Skink Priests(both same)-Lore of Beasts, Wizard level 2=200points (100 points each)
    Core
    Saurus Warriors-10 models, Full command= 191points
    Skinks-10 models, Champion= 60points
    Special
    Cold One Riders-6 models, Full command= 210points

So there you go, I hope you like my list,

2. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

Hi spawnmate!
    I'm sorry to tell you that your list presents some problems: first of all, if you spend half your point allowance on characters you'll have few soldiers!
    Moreover your infantry units are really fragile: saurus warriors are though, but Initiative 1 makes them strike last usually so they'll probably die before they have the chance to attack. Skinks, on the other hand, are fast but very weak. Cold one riders are though and fast, but they're expensive (i wouldn't field them in a 800 points list) and suffer problems similar to the ones saurus warriors got.

Now, if i were in you:

• I would drop one of the priests and give a dispel scroll to the other, making him level one: this way you can autodispel an enemy spell once a game, you only have a spell instead of 4 but at 800 points it should be enough. Actually you could drop both the priests, you probably won't need magic or magic defense at such a low point level;
    • consider a scar vet instead of an oldblood, it's cheaper and still very effective;
    • I'd try to make different units, in particular one bigger close combat unit (you'll buff it with magic) and smaller support units.

3. Lord Rekt
    Jungle Swarm

Lord Rekt New Member

Thank you for the awesome feedback I'll post another using your ideas.

I am very new to fantasy and to Warhammer, but I do play 40k
    I will try to improve the list
    Thanks Rettile