1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 9th Age (beta) out now - check link in first post

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Sep 8, 2015.

1. LawGnome
    Chameleon Skink

LawGnome Active Member

Congrats! Do us proud!

Pinktaco likes this.
  2. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Congratz pinktaco!

Pinktaco likes this.
  3. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Who are the other guys then? :D

But srsly, that sounds great and I'm looking forward to see how the team in general are expanding

Pinktaco likes this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I have no idea who they've picked for other positions. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pip in the army update team though :p

5. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

So what will your job be exactly?

6. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Getting the Committee to accept my MC sculpts as parts of the game.

Congratz Pinky :D

n810, Pinktaco, NIGHTBRINGER and 2 others like this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

This does raise a query...
    If the charger's charge range is sufficient to bring it into contact with the first fleeing unit (that is now blocking the way) wouldn't that count as a successful charge and lead to the destruction of that unit? Rationale: "technically" you did declare a charge against it; the "redirecting the charge" (BRB, p. 18) states that the unit can declare a fresh charge against another viable target, but it does not directly specify that the original charge declaration is null and void (and yes this is rules lawyering to fight rules lawyering).

Did someone say polls?!?! :woot::woot::woot:

Congratulations... I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job at making our voices heard. This is the best bit of news I've heard about 9th age... I'm hopeful once again!!

From what I have seen so far, I'm sure they will make a fine addition to 9th Age!!! :)

Mr Phat and Pinktaco like this.
  8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Guys if you want to have an influence over the LM army apply for the AB team here:
    http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/45-staff-wanted-army-book-creation/

The Army Book Committees will consist out of 3-4 community members depending on the estimated workload. The application process will take place from 16.09.2015 - 23.09.2015, candidates will be elected by the Rules Team as a collegial body. We strive to finish the application process until 30.09.2015 and hope to be able to acquire staff members from various national communities to represent the worldwide scope of this project.

Mr Phat likes this.
  9. skink chief
    Kroxigor

If one of ours would be in there that would be awsome :)

10. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

I might apply, not sure if I have the time though -.-
    Its very interesting.

11. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

I think you should ;)

Alternatively someone like @NIGHTBRINGER, who's already got a couple of great points and I reckon you know the meta fairly well. I believe that we here at this forum has some pretty good recommendation when it comes to the final product there's at least a handful of very expedience players who understands the core principle of the game to a great detail.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I appreciate the vote of confidence but I'm sure there are more worthy generals to be found on this site (@Scalenex @n810 @Hinge ).

I agree with you that collectively I think we have a pretty good vision and sense of the Lizardmen.

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Skrox units got a major boost, lol. They're essentially back to a better 7th AB version. What we (or just me?) thought was that attackers had to randomize their attacks. This only matter for impact hits,ranged attacks etc.
    Close combat attacks are strictly directed against "the most numerous type" (skinks). In other words you cannot attack kroxigors.

14. skink chief
    Kroxigor

Nice to get a buff really it is. But as a saurus player... we will see even less of them now :(. Don't mean to be a downer sry ...

15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

They still perform different tasks, skrox units are anti armour unit and can't deliver that many attacks. With skinks bleeding CR like a mad you wouldn't want a skrox unit take on another infantry unit unless you had plenty of ranks :)

16. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The saurus units are a different story, though. I reckon we need to look at them, since saurus warriors just seems like the poor choice for whatever build you're using. Of course only play testing will know for sure. It just seems like their still not as useful compared to skinks. Meaning we'll still see far more of the "not breed for war" unit then the ones that actually was meant to do that.

Numerous of suggestion about this, however not an entire solution had arrived.

I personally would like to see them drop further one point and be given the option of a couple of upgrades, that could be similar to the old spawnings.

skink chief likes this.
  17. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Sacred spawnings could be part of it :)

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Looking at the Spawn-kin rule on page 65, I would say that attacks made against the unit are randomized (1-4 hits skink, 5-6 hits krox). I don't see any differentiation between ranged and close combat attacks unless it has something to do with the passage "attacks made towards the mixed unit (as a whole)". Are close combat attacks made against the mixed unit "as a whole"?

Does 9th age equivalent of an army book overrule the 9th age equivalent of the BRB?

19. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Attacks against the whole units are impact hits, stomps etc, however they changed the sentence to:

Attacks distributed to R&F models in the unit are randomized; roll a D6 for each hit; on a 1-4 it hits a Skink, on a 5-6 a Croxisaurus. Close combat attacks are allocated as normal.

Close combat allocated normally follow the BRB = when fighting a mixed unit you fight the model type with the most numerous amount of models (skinks in this case).
    Distributed attakcs are usually what I mentioned above. :)

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Interesting... do you have a page reference?