1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS A future rule prediction

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Mr Phat, Jul 6, 2015.

1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as rallying, chasing fleeing units, or any of that, correct? If something runs, it auto-escapes, never to return.

2. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Right... auto-death for the model if it runs. Bad news for multi-wound models. Great news for Carnosaur. :p

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

How is that great news for a Carnosaur?

4. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Bloodroar: The roar of a Carnosaur can
    cause even the most daring warrior to
    turn and flee. If your opponent takes a
    battleshock test for a unit within 8" of
    any Carnosaurs, roll a dice. If the result is
    higher than the result on your opponent’s
    dice, D3 models flee from the unit (as well
    as any that flee because of the test).

Pretty nifty!

5. Keith Godwin
    Jungle Swarm

Keith Godwin New Member

I originally posted this in another topic but I a adding it here because it is a better fit (more relevant to this discussion)

OK ... The other shoe. Consider the following to be speculation I have not been "read in" on anything. nothing. I know 0. I live in California these rules were made in the UK.

Battle size....there will sizes with figure numbers "effectively" replacing the concept of points ...so theoretically it will be like 1-50 figures small engagement, 50-100 Battle, 101+ epic battle ..etc of course (this is this is my sizing who knows what they will use), it is just the logical next step,
    Remember Technically the points you played with was ALWAYS agreed upon...and you can agree on anything ...right.

Next composition.... here it is you at the end of EACH warscroll is a composition list (look at the end of the warscroll). There is your comp broken as follows:currently by faction (these were races before, but now they are factions in the new system).

So you use the breakdown at the end of your war-scroll, for us it "Skink patrol", "Saurus Host" high elves have "Glimmiring host" etc.
    So there you go; Comp with balance AND no change of the basic ruleset. Then add troops from the list. Yes you can mix but my guess it they will do that as noted below the "Chaos warriors with the high elven mage" will end up not an option.

Also there are going to be similar rules for "Alliance" the big lists Order, destruction death and chaos future release. They will allow broader mixes of troops elves with humans etcand will include NEW stuff not in the current "factions."

There will be "Race" lists( you can see the breakdown on the web site). These are the new lists, the lizard-men for example are "faction" now, not a race. The "Races" are a different beastie, they will be combining all the lists similar like in the Endtimes stuff...but not the same because these new "races," they will be able to include in some cases several old factions (formerly races) like High Elves, Wood Elves, and Darkl Elves, but will have something added the new figures will come into the game under the "race" not the faction (formerly the various races) adding to the new breakdown.

So the idea that someone can put down one super mini and win because they have a better less numbers wont work they will agree in size so you both will have party and 1 figure will not make the host or whatever it will be call. Beyond the fact that now built army would build a force of just archers against a dragon for example obviously that is not a game balance issue that is a army list building problem...attributable to the player NOT the game system..

This I think is really a great deal (if all my speculating is correct) because we will be able get the end times combos if we want ....have tons of options with our figures both in faction army's, and in broader Alliance and Race(again not faction).

This is all IMO.