1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Girl's Purple Lizzies

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Kirkegaard, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Kirkegaard
    Skink

Kirkegaard New Member

Terradon and base is now done!

IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg

I love how the skin turned out, but the membranes on the wings not so much. I actually don't like 'em at all! First time I've tried this tecnique, guess that's why it failed so hard. Suggestions are most welcome!

And I have started on the Skink as well:

IMG_0832.jpg

/Kirkegaard

Jorgik, n810, SlanntaClause and 3 others like this.
  2. Kirkegaard
    Skink

Kirkegaard New Member

Well, I know the log has been very quiet for a while - but since I've recently once again found time to my Lizzies, I thought I would post like before I had a "break" from the hobby :)

First, my Terradon Rider is done. Or, the paint job is. It broke off the ruin on the base, and I still haven't repaired it. But anyways, here is a pic:

IMG_1334.jpg

I have finished the GS work at my Slann - hope you can see the purpose of the hanging vines! ;)

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

/Kirkegaard

Jorgik, n810, Seraphage and 4 others like this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Wow those look great purple girl. :smug:

4. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

this stuff is awesome; im actusally struggling to believe you have only painted a handful of stuff; the sculpting is awesome too.

where abouts did those terradons come from? i might get some for my army...
    P.S. i love the snake on the stegadon, its a great detail.. :D

5. Kirkegaard
    Skink

Kirkegaard New Member

Thanks for the nice words guys! :)

Pictures of the army so far:

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Beside these models I have painted a couple of ogres - it's a shared project my boyfriend and I are working on. And an elf girl for a local painting competition. I don't know if it is of any interest, but you get some pictures anyway!

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

/Kirkegaard

De Grote Baas, Jorgik, n810 and 4 others like this.
  6. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

the army is very striking, and painted to a great standard. The ogres are awesome, and so is the elf. what more could we wish for? :)

7. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Loving the elf! Hope she does well at the competition, I think she got what it takes. But... is that ginger on her base, that brown root-like thing?

8. Kirkegaard
    Skink

Kirkegaard New Member

Thanks for the comments :) And no, its just a branch bit from the Wood Elf pack. Spent far too much time on painting it, but if it looks like ginger, it must have been worth it :p By the way, she finished second in the competition. My first painting competition ever so I'm very happy :)

I have finished painting the palanquin, so you get alot og pictures!

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Alot of stone as usual. I really love the little reptils everywhere! And think the hanging vines are fullfilling there purpose - I think it looks like it's flying :D

My dear Frog General is going to be yellow (not neon) with Tallarn Sand highlightet up to menoth white base/menoth white highlight (50/50) on his cute tummy. And playing with the thought of making black markings around the eyes, on the head and down the back. Maybe white glowing eyes? Symbol of channeling and meditation? Decisions, decisions :)

/Kirkegaard

Jorgik, n810, SlanntaClause and 3 others like this.
  9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Amazing work, I wish i was half as good as you are. I love the Ogres too. Did you sculpt the long, braided beard on the third one? If so, what was your process?

Again, awesome job!

10. Moronic Nonsense
    Skink

Moronic Nonsense New Member

wow! all of this is amazing work, I can't wait to see the finished Slann.
    Is it ok if I steal your idea for the vines hanging off of the palanquin?

11. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

very nice indeed, but i believe i have two small points for improvement. I think the stone would look even better with a brighter edge highlight, especially the stonework on the base looks a little bit flat. i dont mean you have to manually sit and edge highlight around every single glyph, but maybe just on the very corners of the large structures. Secondly im missing some green on the base. more jungle please :D

still its really good as is.

12. loq-gar
    Saurus

loq-gar New Member

holy crap man you're amazing! stumbled onto this page and scrolled through all 8 pages and rescrolled through some! I love your technique! gonna try it out for mine too though my armys just the simple boring blue.. but seriously inspiring! I love the spawning pool too! are you allowed to use that in games though? just curious haha.

how'd you do your slann? i have one coming in soon..

13. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

That is one beautiful looking army! Kudos to you and your fine painting skills! The Terradon stands look great and the greenstuff-vines on the palaquin are a nice touch. Wonderful job and keep it up!

Oh.. and might I add, you have some pretty colorful fingernails too. hehe. :smug:

- Lord Cedric

14. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Wow, awesome work on the palaquin. Colors are stunning and contrast very well.

15. Kirkegaard
    Skink

Kirkegaard New Member

My boyfriend sculpted the beard. I Will post a guide of how he did it ASAP :)

Feel free, mate. I just think it's awesome if people like my ideas I'm such ways, that they want to use 'em :)

I don't think I'm going to do more about the stone. Think it's fine that the palanquin is brighter than the base - your focus is on the palanquin that way. Bit of course theres coming alot of jungle on the base! Grass and bushes are still missing on the last pictures ;)

And to you other guys: thank you so much!

Yesterday I finished my Slann, so her you go:

IMG_1582_zps1d27bcb7.jpg

IMG_1585_zpsefbd1885.jpg

IMG_1586_zpsb6f9c7a1.jpg

IMG_1584_zps5b66315f.jpg

IMG_1607_zpsd9c3d726.jpg

IMG_1597_zpsc3fc3cf4.jpg

IMG_1601_zpsd514e1b9.jpg

First attempt on glowing eyes. Not fully happy, but it has to do. The black markings I'm very satisfied with. Hope you like my general as much as I do :D

/Kirkegaard

16. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

Think the glowing eyes have worked; it looks awesome as a model and will distract any opponent :)

Warden likes this.
  17. loq-gar
    Saurus

loq-gar New Member

all hail the fat frog! nice to see it in another colour! curious though, any reason you didnt make it purple or pink like the rest of your army? just curious haha. was half expecting that LOL

18. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

superb!

i really enjoy the smooth yellowish color. it contasts nicely with the rest of the army too :)

19. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

Nicely done. The black markings are simple but very effective in adding some variation to the Slann.

20. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Awesome Slann! Contrasts well with the army and I really like the black markings.