1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new LM proselytizer appears...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by King Dust, Oct 19, 2018.

1. King Dust
    Saurus

King Dust Well-Known Member

A long time ago, near the dawn of the 6th age, a youngblood excitedly un-boxed a regiment of Saurus Warriors. Their first of that age. The neophyte carefully assembled each fearsome fighter, only to be dismayed when a single Saurian leg fell from trembling hands to be lost forever in the morass of an untidy bedroom floor. How could a regiment function with only 15?

Not to be deterred, a plan coalesced. An extra spearhead, plus a spare Saurian shield arm (minus claw) became a new prosthetic. This Saurus would be the champion of the regiment (the extra attack provided by the blade-leg of course). Thus, were simultaneously born "Argor, Blade-Legged" and a love for conversion and fluff.

While Argor would not be the last mini brought to life with a little extra character, sadly time, money, and peer interest constraints led to fewer and fewer imaginative forays into Lustria. High school activities, university, a wonderful spouse, and a job or two conspired to relegate the hobby further and further. Eventually, dust consumed all.

Now I know that story ends in tragedy. But! (and from what I gather this may be much to Scalenex's chagrin) there is hope yet! With a steady income and more free time on nights and weekends, I am excited to return and explore the realm of Azyr (and create further fond memories of Lustria), this time as a member of the L-O Community.

Hope this introduction wasn't too ostentatious, needless to say I'm excited to join the community and also to enter the short story contest! I don't play much full-scale tabletop these days, but I'll see you on the fluff and conversions boards.

Warden, Crowsfoot, Captaniser and 4 others like this.
  2. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

hey!

Welcome to the forum!

I look forward to seeing you in the fluff forum (Awesome introduction here, though! :D)

3. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

Hallo and welcome back to the fold!

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Don't worry, it was just ostentatious enough.

I may like sad endings but only of stories, but I do not like sad endings to peoples' hobbies.

Let us know if you any questions about game play, fluff, painting or anything else. Whatever version of the hobby you play, we have tactical discussions on it be they Lizardmen, Saurian Ancients, Seraphon, or Salamanders.

5. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Great intro, welcome to Lustria!

7. King Dust
    Saurus

King Dust Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!

:D

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

6th ed., Eh?
    Kudos, my WH experience goes back to 7th.
    Welcome to Lustria!

King Dust likes this.
  9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard :)

King Dust likes this.