1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new spawning

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by nuklearangel, Oct 20, 2011.

1. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I absolutely love those three. Im buying a box of gaurd just to convert. Very cool.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Very kool converted Scar-vets, :smug:
    I was wondering what kit did you get the maiming shield from ?

3. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

It is two semi-circular banner tops from the TG kit and a couple bits of sprue.

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Man, those are wicked-sweet! I really like the scar-vets. Nice work.

5. Clockwork
    Cold One

Clockwork Member

Love the giant blade and the use of headdress as shoulder pads. Definately steeling both of those ideas!

6. nuklearangel
    Skink

nuklearangel Member

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I'm glad I've given you some ideas to make your own heroes.

A tip for making that giant blade, something I didn't do but realised halfway through. The part where the blade is connected to the shaft is just the TG Drummer arm, if you slice the sides of the Drumstick's top off and cut flat you get a nice curved part to join to the blade section. I had cut the blade off the shaft and all manner of gluing was required to put it all back together, it was a pain in the butt, but if you keep the TG drummer arm one piece and just cut at the wrist to rotate it will be a lot stronger and no pinning required. My weapon was a little droopy!

I made an army list today and am happy to say I can field 3000pts now. Huzzah! Looking forward to playing a REAL game of fantasy now :D

7. rdennison11
    Skink

rdennison11 New Member

Great work, those scar vets look awesome, in fact I prefer them to the old blood model!
    Keep it up