1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about army colour scheme and cohorts.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by emptyscale, Apr 8, 2011.

1. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

I'm just getting back to Lizardmen after a long absence and I wanted to know if the fluff still supports different spawnings of lizards as having different colours and marks.

The last time I played was when Lizardmen still came in the rulebook box set (with Brettonians).

Some of the new models we get now are very swish and I'm looking forwards to painting them (and restoring my old stuff) but I've got to work out what I'm doing for colours and the armie book I bought seems to have a lot of pictures with a single colour scheme running through it.

2. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Do you mean sacred spawnings? if so, then nope. they nixed them in the current army book.

3. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

Maybe I'm not remembering it right but I thought the background for lizardmen spawnings used to have the idea that different cohorts were spawned with different colours and that a cohort that was spawned together fought together as a unit.

Like one regiment would be blue and green but another would be blue and yellow.

Was that sacred spawnings? I thought that SS was something else but I don't have my old reading material and I'm very fuzzy about this?

Does everyone just pick a colour scheme for the whole army, Saurus, Skinks and Slaan, and just run with it?

4. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

sacred spawning are not used as a game rule in the current edition of lizardman(at least not to my knowledge. Many people who played before the latest edition came out beneditted from so called sacred spawnings, these affected how units or characters behaved and also affectfd their stats, for exaple the blessed spawning of tzunki gave +1 inititive to a model and that model also became aquatic where as the blessed spawning of sotek game a unit or character the ability to have +1 attack on the turn that it charges.
    hope this helps
    lustria

5. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

Althought it's not supported mechanically for benefits for units, it's still a big part of the fluff of the army. I for one am doing a Sacred Host of Tepoc. Alas, I don't get magic resistance for my units that have it anymore, but I like it because it gives my army a unique look, especially since I went with a typical blue scheme.

EDIT: To be a little clearer. A regular lizard from a regular spawning would be blue (if using that scheme), but if marked by the Old Ones, then you'd start adding the different colors.

--DF2K

6. emptyscale
    Saurus

emptyscale Active Member

Ah, thankyou, this is getting much closer to what I wanted to know.

So would my army look foolish if the different units that composed it had different colours? Saurus unit A is blue with green scales but unit Saurus unit B is green with blue scales whilst all Skinks are painted purple and the Slaan is orange.

7. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

It's your army, make it look like you want. I think it'd be kind of a cool way to distinguish your units!

--DF2K

8. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

That is one complaint I had with the new book is that it barely mentions it.
    I have to go back to my last book whenever I am curious what I should do to make them look like a sacred spawning