1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A random thread button?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Otzi'mandias, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Kind of self-explanatory really, just something to tap when you feel like joining a new and unexpected conversation.

N1nj4, PartyFoul and Jorgik like this.
  2. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

This has the flaw of you may find a dead thread from five or six years ago, but with a bit of fine honing then could be really awesome!

Jorgik likes this.
  3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I kind of really like the idea. From time to time I get bored and go through the painting and converting sub forum. ThereĀ“re some real nice threats that have not been updated for a while. Even if you could not reply to it, reading would still be interesting, and if necessary, a new threat could be started to discuss the same topic :)

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Too risky... I might end up in an AoS friendly thread! :p

Crowsfoot and Jorgik like this.
  5. pendrake
    Skink Chief

pendrake Well-Known Member

I would probably use such a button. But creating one is not a priority at all.

It could be a way of getting crowd-sourced input. If it did dredge up a thread so old it was not tagged the way the newer threads are (with the color-coded tags) it could ask the user that punched the button to suggest a tag for the thread.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Whoa nightbringer! :eek:
    And I may end up in some 8th/ 9nth (is there a 9nth?) rules discussion!;)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8th Edition.... welcome to a brave new (old) world!

There is indeed a 9th Age... for those that may be interested. Not my cup of tea.

8. Crowsfoot
    OldBlood

Crowsfoot Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe @The Red Devil could make so you can only browse AOS threads, you looked at KOW yet @NIGHTBRINGER?

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  9. Crowsfoot
    OldBlood

Crowsfoot Well-Known Member

I thought 9th was looking good for you?

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I would have to quit the forum or sign in under a different account. Plus it probably wouldn't be wise to force an AoS basher into a AoS friendly environment... like a fox in a hen house. :)

While I'm not opposed to KoW, I'm going to stick it out with 8th. Admittedly there are things I like in regards to KoW (creating scenic units and not having to struggle ranking up models) but there are more important things that I like about 8th (enhanced customization of units/characters and magic).
    I was extremely excited about it until the 0.99 update, which I thought was absolutely horrendous. So while I don't feel that 9th is necessarily a bad game, I do feel that 8th is a significantly better one. 9th age (to me) feels like a comped version 8th edition.... which in all honesty it pretty much is. I think it is very restrictive in nature and that it strips away much of the flavour of its predecessors.

Even though I am not interested in it, I applaud the hard work put forth by those involved. I'm sure there will be a subsection of the gaming community that will derive much enjoyment from it. I think it comes down to personal taste.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  11. spess
    Saurus

spess Active Member

+1 I would use this button all the time. Even if I dig up an old thread, it's still probably new content to see.

Jorgik likes this.