1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Tired of the same old Slann pose? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering your own version to the Golden Slann competition - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

AD&D Trading Cards - 1993 Collector Cards: 495 + 60 rare cards

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Slannta's Little Helper, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Slannta's Little Helper
    Cold One

Slannta's Little Helper Active Member

I recently got hold of some of these - (not a whole set) but a good portion of the series - unfortunately none of the early 1-170 approx. cards - I'll do a more accurate inventory soon. Just wondered if anyone knew much about them or their value/collectability. Mostly condition wise I'd say good with the odd exception here and there.

I have this link for info on the sets -

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/AD&D_Trading_Cards

From a brief Ebay search some of the cards are up at 1-2£ each - I'd say I have a 300 approx. cards possibly more.

Thanks all :)

Ritual likes this.
  2. Slannta's Little Helper
    Cold One

Sneak peak at some of the collection -

IMG_20171013_132354.jpg
    IMG_20171013_132406.jpg

Some of the female cards will probably use these as a main image of the collection to grab the attention of the D&D community ;)

IMG_20171013_131947.jpg

and some of the male characters in the collection.

Ritual likes this.
  3. pendrake
    Skink Chief

pendrake Well-Known Member

Arden... :happy:

I have not seen these before. Were they a precursor to MTG?

4. Slannta's Little Helper
    Cold One

I'm not really sure just googled when mtg was released and it says 1993 - so it seems likely since this series of cards I have was a 1993 collectors set - I've put them on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232522499266?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 - potentially asking too much for them but don't want to let them go to cheap to early. Its 378 total cards 112 duplicates. 21/60 of the rare set and 245/495 of the main set (33 being red bordered rarity). When I first looked I could only see 1 or 2 of these cards up at 1-2£ each so hopefully I'm asking a reasonable price - if anyone on here is interested let me know :)