1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Adding allies to Seraphon list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Khatif, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Khatif
    Skink

Khatif Member

Good morning all,

In the last couple of month, I took my Seraphon list to some competitive events. It went well but not great.
    So I am thinking to change my list. As far as I can see I lose my games because I dont have enough damage output on the table. Of course, it would be me using the units wrong. However, I was wondering if 400 points of stormcast would help me out.

Do you guys ever add allies to your list? How did that work out for you?

Have a great day peepz :)

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i do not use allies i don't have the models but i do know the army. if you want to bring in SCE then you have to keep a few things in mind SCE are sloooooow when you take them as allies you can not teleport them and they can't drop from the sky. this meens that a lot of the SCE models are of the table no mater how strong they may be if they can't get to where you need them then it's wasted points. this cuts you down to 2 options ranged units so 2 balistas and an orator or the faster units like there cavalry which aren't damage dealers they are heavy anvils or there flyers which aren't very good.

i would take the balista to be honest it's a lot of aria denial to contend with

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard and Khatif like this.
  3. Khatif
    Skink

Khatif Member

I know all that. I was actually thinking to make a shadowstrike list and add 6 raptors to stand in the back as extra shooting for 30 inch and 3 birds as well for the extra movement for the charge move, which is not much bit can be a fun combination with skinks.

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Raptors are good. Give it a try!

The Knight-Incantor is also very strong. Dracoths aren't a bad option either. They have good saves, decent damage, modest movement, and can deal mortal wounds. A side bonus is they almost fit the aesthetics of our army.

5. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

Yes like LizardWizard said, I would also go for either: longstrike raptors, dracoths or incantor with the comet.

LizardWizard, Dr.Doom and Khatif like this.
  6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

my 400 points were 2 ballista the comet endless and a knight incantor. I think the points have change a bit recently so im not sure if you can still fit all that in 400

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard and MackiMac like this.
  7. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

You do not count the comet as a ally, so it should be fine