1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additions to the army

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Thebestlazyguy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

So i have about 1003 points worth of lizardmen so far, thanks to the Lizardmen starting battalion and one set of Saurus. I am eager to expand my army, and i have an interest in the more magical side of the Lizardmen army. So here's the question i present to you. I have about 100 dollars to spend and i would like to purchase a Slann Mage-Priest and a Stegadon w/ EotG. This makes sense to me, but i was thinking i should buy a Skink priest as so to take advantages of the Slann channeling ability. does the channeling ability count for the Skink Priest riding the Stegadon? or would i be better off investing in a stegadon w/ skink priest later on?

2. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

IMO, before you buy anything else, before you think of buying anything else, before you consider thinking of buying anything else... you should get your hands on an EotG.

First off, you can channel spells through the priest mounted on a steg. He is a skink priest in all respects so everything applies to him.

Secondly, you can adapt a 20mm base for him so if you intend to keep him on foot you can.

I have used an EotG in all amry combos I have made till now, and it has always been worth its salt! So even if you choose not to use a slann, an EotG is a very valid choice.

3. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

thanks that answered my question perfectly. yeah so im going to purchase a slann, one EotG, and Chatax (as he is only 15 dollars) to protect my slann from harm

4. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

The EOTG and the temple guard were the first 7th edition models I got!