1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Advanced Rules vs Basic Rules (Predatory Fighter)

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Markhaus, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

The "it's too hard to different dice" thing is probably the worst possible argument for allowing PF in Support.
    The "it's not very powerful" argument is a close second.

As much as I disagree with some posters here on this topic (and honestly, genuinely, really cannot fathom how anyone sees it the other way - I really can't), at least the more reasonable ones are trying to make it a rules-based position.

A fun note on lots of dice at once (I may have mentioned this before, sorry) -
    I recently got to roll 98 dice at one time for a unit of TK archers with Smiting. I put them in a pouch made from the front of my shirt and rolled them into a plastic tub. It can be done.

:)

2. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Hey, my group is full of impatient people, what can I say. And there is a hint of sanity in how "powerful" it is. Compare it to pretty much any othher set of army wide special rules. At least, that was the arguement given by Elves and VCs/TKs, and I sort of get them.

Hell, fear can be more potent, because +1 to hit is extremely effective on a horde of units, even if it requires a failed leadership roll.

So keep in mind that those two arguements, which you called "the worst you have ever heard", was made by non-lizardmen players. I don't see them having any other benefit for intepreting the rule this way.

Also don't see the problem with rolling a lot of dice. Do people use extra large dice or something? I can easily throw 40 dice at once, no problem. We always just throw our dice into an empty box or something. Keeps the dice from "tilting", and allows for throwing as many as you want, without fear of hitting the models.