1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Advice for my 1000pts in Meeting Engagements

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Dreamkeeper, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    There is going to be a local tournament in my club and I made a list for 1k. Any advice on how to improve it?
    Regarding models. I have Start Collecting box ( I'm using efficiency guide now), Battleforce, 1 additional Bastiladon, 1 box of skinks (I made 20 with pipes and 20 with javelins), 1 box of Seraphon Guards, 1 additional Skink Priest and 1 Slann. And for magic I have Balewind Vortex and Cogs.
    [​IMG]

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

In my experience, Shadowstrike Starhost with 6 Rippers is the best our army can do for 1k. If you are willing to get a hold of the Ripperdactyls then I recommend pivoting in that direction.

Dreamkeeper and Lizerd like this.
  3. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Hi! Thanks! I redo my list around Shadowstrike.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  4. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

What
    What do you think? Should I invest more in Skinks, by making them 2x20? Saurus Knights with Lances.
    upload_2019-10-2_10-12-32.png
    Do Guards are viable without Eternal Battalion? Sadly, I don't have Eternity Warden (yet :D).
    I'm planning to buy these models soon.
    upload_2019-10-2_10-15-56.png

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I don't think the Guards are worth it without their bataillon, and the Eternity Warden (despite being resin) is nice model. You should get one.

LizardWizard and Dreamkeeper like this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Some how I completely missed that you were building a list for Meeting Engagements and not matched play. The Shadowstrike Battalion isn't worth using in Meeting Engagement, however, everything inside of it is useful. So if you want the CP and Aretfact then it is worth the tax.

Sadly, you can't put a double sized unit in anything except the main body and the rearguard. So your unit of 6 Rippers would have to be in the main body and not the spearhead.

Saurus Guard in Meeting Engagements are effective. The Eternity Warden is a tremendous buff to them though.

Dreamkeeper likes this.
  7. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

So the first list that I made is fine? I just think that I will change general from Scarvet to Starpriest and put Guards into main body (and skinks with javelins in rearguard)
    [​IMG]

LizardWizard likes this.