1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Advices for 2500 tournament

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by pedrodelpedro, Feb 7, 2016.

1. pedrodelpedro
    Jungle Swarm

pedrodelpedro New Member

Hi!
    I will play second round of a tournament on UB tonight, and as a very unexperienced player, i have some problems to find an issue against the list of my opponent...

Here is the lists:

SA

Lords (445pts)
    o Cuatl Lord (445pts) Dispel Scroll (35pts), SA - Jade Staff (20pts), Unconquerable Will (60pts)  Army General General  Level 4 Wizard Master Path of Heavens  Wellspring of Power (60pts) +1 to cast 

Heroes (743pts)
    o Skink Captain (305pts) SA Spear of the Stampede (40pts)  Taurosaur (225pts) Giant Bow, Sharp Horns (25pts), 4x Skink Crew  Ancient Taurosaur (40pts)
    o Skink Captain (295pts) Battle Standard Bearer (25pts), SA Starfall Shard (30pts)  Taurosaur (200pts) Giant Bow, 4x Skink Crew  Ancient Taurosaur (40pts)
    o Skink Captain (143pts) Dragonfire Gem (5pts), Hardened Shield (5pts), Lance (6pts), Light Armour (2pts), SA Serpent Bow (40pts)  Alpha Ramphodon (45pts) 

Core (625pts)
    o Skink Braves (350pts) 3x Caiman (150pts), Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)  36x Skink Brave (180pts) 36x Hand Weapon & Shield, 36x Javelins
    o Skink Hunters (80pts)  10x Javelin, 10x Skirmish (30pts)
    o Skink Hunters (80pts) 10x Javelin, 10x Skirmish (30pts)
    o Snake Swarms (115pts) 5x 

Special (436pts)
    o Spearback (189pts)  3x Spearback (189pts) 3x Pteradon Hunter Spikes (15pts)
    o Spearback (189pts)  3x Spearback (189pts) 3x Pteradon Hunter Spikes (15pts)
    o Spearback (58pts) Spearback (58pts) 

Rare (250pts)
    o Salamander (75pts)  Spout Flames (5pts)
    o Stygiosaur (175pts) Preadatory Roar (35pts), Skink Rider, Spit Poison (30pts)

DH

Lords
    -King, d3w, shield bearers, 1+, 5++
    -Runic master, scroll, 3 bound spell

Heroes
    -2x engineer

Core
    -25 dwarfs, hws, throwing weapons, CMS
    -23 grey beards, GW, CMS

Special
    -10 forge warden
    -10 forge warden
    -10 seekers, skirmish, vanguard
    -10 seekers, skirmish, vanguard
    -copter

rare
    -cannon, +4 on missfire table
    -catapult, +1S
    -organ gun, +1 to wound
    -vengeance seeker

Im not so afraid of this army, except:
    -War machine, they all can destroy my poor taurosaur... Perhaps comet can help me (if i get it!).
    -Seekers... These are crazy! Hard to shoot, and when you kill it, they still kill you! Im afraid, they are very fast! Perhaps with spearback at short range (5+ to hit...) but i risk to lose them and they can be very good against his infantry... Skrox perhaps? Only salamander look as a solution...

I think i will stay hide, trying to shoot him with magic, and... I really have no plan! :(

Please help me!

2. Dunya
    Chameleon Skink

Dunya Member

I think you could optimize your list abit, the Engine of the Ancients 5++ vs ranged would be very valuable here. However if your list is already submitted then I guess I can try to offer some advice, though I don't have much experience against DH. The Warmanchines you can't do much about except the comet as you say, otherwise you just have to accept the casualties and push forward regardless imo. So I guess the Seekers are your main problem? They are a pretty cheap unit as I understand it so diverting too many resources to dealing with them could be a mistake. I think I would simply match them with the Spearbacks and hope they can reduce them through shooting/stand and shoot and mop up the rest in cc.

3. pedrodelpedro
    Jungle Swarm

pedrodelpedro New Member

your right, seekers are nasty and not so expensive... will try to get them with scaiman , sala and spearback.
    for the rest i ll shoot with magic and if it go wrong, i ll rush!

4. pedrodelpedro
    Jungle Swarm

pedrodelpedro New Member

Finally i won 7-3!
    I did like i said, waiting, hiding, shooting what i can, throw magic, and finally a charge with my two taur on turn 6 gave the win!
    thanks!