1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albino Kroxigor

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by ButterPanda888, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ButterPanda888
    Jungle Swarm

ButterPanda888 New Member

So my little brother wants to play lizardmen, and he wants me to paint his army. I told him i would if he would let me take some liberties with painting and converting. I have always wanted to paint an albino kroxigor. IDK why, I just thought it would be cool. The color scheme would be white for scales, red for eyes and scars. I cannot decide between obsidian weaponry, jade weaponry, or gold weaponry, but it will be one of those. Any thoughts or suggestions?

So far these are all just ideas in my head. I also don't have the kroxigor with me yet and I have several other projects first, so I don't know when pictures will be available but I am hoping to have it finished by this summer (for my brother's bday).

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You might get some inspiration from the Gor-Rok/Sunblood gallery here, I like the jade or obsidian look though.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That is awesome... the legendary kroxigor Nakai was Albino, so there is definitely a precedence for it.

Warden, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Very cool idea, If you go gold for the weapons it may wash out the white of the actual model, your best bet is jade for the weapon this will help harmonise the model, when you base him use dark colours, browns and dark grey will work and it will help frame the model, splash a green tuft here and there for contrast.

As @Bowser suggests look at Gor-rok models here, http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/gor-rok-saurus-sunblood.12676/

Shameless plug but look at @Xlanax_lot look how he did the shield, that is what you want for the weapon.

I did a small write up in my blog of the technique I used for my shield and weapon on my Sunblood,

[​IMG]

As you can see a very effective method and quite easy to replicate.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Xlanax_lot, Warden, Jorgik and 2 others like this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like the Nakai the Wanderer idea, he is the most legendary kroxigor warrior, definitely a good example to draw from if you don't just make him outright.

Also @Crowsfoot and others have great examples of jade painting that I am very jealous of! I want to try that someday too, good luck if you try it!

NIGHTBRINGER, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Agreed, @Crowsfoot is extremely talented . @Xlanax_lot does some amazing Jade/Marble work as well!