1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS An army list from a noob, 1000 ish points

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lizerd, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

so i completed my sc list
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Disciplined Fury
    - Artefact: Coronal Shield
    Saurus Oldblood (120)
    - Warblade
    - Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact: Light of Dracothion

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    5 x Saurus Knights (90)
    - Lances

Units
    4 x Celestial Swarms (240)

Total: 890 / 100
    Extra Command Points: 22
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 63

So I have a completed list, and I was wondering what you guys could recommend for the last 110 points or if I should swap out some more stuff. Any help welcome

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

What is your current plan to remove enemy models from the table?

At the moment you have no summoning or ranged damage. You primary threat seems to be the Oldblood carno. Thus, you should either support him with more Saurus Warrior (go up to 20), Saurus Knights, or possibly a Scar-veteran on Cold One to have an additional hero benefit from the Carno Command ability.

If you are looking to play competitively the best units from our army at the moment are Ripperdactyls, Razordons, and skinks.

Best of luck!

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

The army kinda works against my dad who uses a mix of orcs, Skaven, and skeletons. Provided he has no generals which may help me :D

My idea I had is to use something similar to the Roman triplex acies with ranks of warriors fighting, withdrawing, then moving back for the next rank while the Oldblood on foot and starpriest can buff them while celestial swarms absorb arrow fire. By the time I’m running low on warriors I can use the Oldblood on carno as well as the cavalry to drive or smash the opposing cavalry off the field. With no support I can proceed to turn cavalry on attack the opposing rear, hopefully surrounding them.

As for more units I was planning on the 20 and sunblood to do sunclaw starhost, then save for a slaan.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

In this case we're talking about a fun list, played against an illegal army.
    Add 10 warriors or 5 knights and it should work. ;)

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

While it does work fairly well against him, I also would like to try actual games (hence this list) as well as trying out a few tactics.

As for playing my dad, I some times have nightmares that he gets archaon the everchosen and butchers me.
    Let’s just hope it doesn’t become reality...

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

To play against other armies, first of all your list must be a legal one. Without battalions you can have only one artefact

Now improve your list.
    Add 5 knights. You'll have a 10 knight unit which may be buffed by the serpent staff of the Starpriest.
    The Starpriest will cast starlight on said unit or upon the carno.
    You are saving 20 pts.
    IIRC a sunblood is 140 pts. I may be wrong but certainly no more than that
    Swap the oldblood for the sunblood, use the warriors to control an obj, throw the knights against the enemy buffet by the sunblood and the Starpriest , than use the carno and the sunblood, both buffed by the oldblood command ability

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I had an idea with the artefacts, which is to drop the starpriest’s artefact and use gul’roks starhost. Followed by switching the oldblood’s charm for blade of realities. The Oldblood on carnosaur can use the gryph charm
    So what I can do next is save for a sunblood and pack of warriors to go sunclaw. Save for a slaan to do fangs of sotek. Then save for some more knights. Might be a while though

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    LizardWizard likes this.