1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An army photo

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by wappellious, Sep 29, 2009.

1. gmurie
    Skink

gmurie New Member

You're a lunatic, that's what you are.

I can't paint at your level. I probably never will. Hell, I'm pleased to have cracked 8.3 on CMON. However, I feel the need to make two comments/suggestions.

You must have put AT LEAST 300 hours of work into that army, and you're using a flat piece of masonite to carry them around. Don't you have to worry about all those models skidding off the slick surface of the board? At the very minimum I'd have made it a box, so the models are at least halted before they fall to their doom.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Have you put something on the board to make it hold onto the models?

Secondly, the terradons are an impressive looking set of models, but I think the unit would have been helped a lot by a consistent color scheme.

2. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

I use that board for every game, and I have never had anything fall off of it. The surface does have a slight texture, between the gesso and the painting itself.

That has proven to be more than enought to keep everything slipping off. ;)

If I had to estimate how much time I have spent on the lizzies, it would have to be between 1100 to 1400 hours. Sculpting the stegadons alone took about 20 hours each. I have spent at least another 15-20 painting them, and they are not finished yet! Yikes :p

3. lord kroq-gar
    Jungle Swarm

lord kroq-gar New Member

4. Lizardmen Mike
    Skink

Lizardmen Mike New Member

Dang yo,thats nice you should come to my house and teach me!