1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Another 'My First Army' 998 pts

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Kuro Ryu, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Kuro Ryu
    Skink

Kuro Ryu New Member

Lizardmen List - 998

Basically, it's the boxed battleforce with a skink chief, this is what i made of it.

Heroes: 200

Saurus Scar Veteran
    Light Armour, Shield, Cold One Mount, Sword of Might

Skink Chief
    Shield, Biting Blade

Core: 358

Saurus Warriors
    20 Saurus, Champ/Music/Standard, Spears

Skink Skirmishers
    11 Skinks, javelins & Shields

Special: 440

Temple Guard
    10 Temple Guard, Guardian/Music/Standard

Cold One Cavalry
    7 Cold One cavalry, Music/Standard

My general plan of expansion is to build up large regiments of saurus warriors and cold one cavalry, include a slann mage and my lovely converted Oldblood on Carnasaur.

2. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Looks like a great start. Don't feel like you have to rush out and buy every model right away; that's what I did, and I still wish I had played the game for a while and figured out what kind of force I wanted to use.

Now with 8th edition coming out, I think hand weapon/ shield will be superior in some cases, and certainly cheaper, than spears. The problem is I have 56 painted saurus, all with spears, and converting them is not something I'm looking forward to...

3. Kuro Ryu
    Skink

Kuro Ryu New Member

Yeah, well i've had this army for over a year but i havent really done much with it because of college and when i do play wargames i go for 40k but the imminent release of the new rules has turned my attention back to my lizardmen and I've started again on painting the unpainted ones.

To be honest i'm not too worried about wether it's a massively powerful army i get in the end, i'm not much of a powergamer i prefer to play an army that looks cool on the table with lots of nice models than possibly sacrifice that to win. so i'll be keepiong the spears =D, maybe i'll eventually build another regiment of saurus with hand weapons this time.

4. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

In that case I think you're off to a fine start. Also, for a minimal investment, a lone salamander will be a lot of fun in a smaller force. There's nothing like shooting the flame template right onto the middle of a big block of enemies; for 80 points (with an extra handler) it's a bargain.