1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Another New Player Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Monkdaddy, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Monkdaddy
    Jungle Swarm

Monkdaddy New Member

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for just about a week or so and so far the community seems great. I am brand new to the game and love the esthetic of Seraphon so I decided to take the plunge. I purchased an army off of eBay, which seemed like a great deal. I don't have my book yet, either, so I was wondering what type of list(s) I would be able to create with what I bought. Also, where would you go from here? What models do you feel I should get next to build up?

I dabbled in fantasy, and I currently play Infinity, just picked up Blood Bowl, with a lizard team, so I am not new to war gaming, just this system. Any and all advice you are able to provide is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Here is what I got:
    1 EotG
    1 Stegadon
    3 salamander and crew
    1 Carnasaur and rider
    5 saurus knights
    3 Kroxigors
    1 Saurus Old Blood
    18 Saurus w/ hand weapon and shield, full command
    26 Saurus w/ Spear and shield, full command
    15 skinks with blow pipes

Unpainted:
    12 skinks with hand weapons
    1 skink chief
    3 Saurus knights
    1 Bastiladon
    16 Saurus w/ spear and shield
    2 Saurus characters

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! You have some great options here. do you know which saurus characters you have?
    The 3 unpainted knights I would say make them all unique and stand out. Convert them to scar-vet on cold one. Maybe do 1 and the other 2 as regular but I would do a practice one and then amp up the other two. You could make a great bloodclaw starhost based army here. You will need to get yourself a skink starpriest, and maybe some ripperdactyls, but solid army you have here.

Monkdaddy likes this.
  3. Monkdaddy
    Jungle Swarm

Monkdaddy New Member

Hi, and thank you for your response. I do not know which characters they are, the listing just said characters. And quite honestly, for what I paid I did not hesitate to question it, lol.

Thanks for the advice on a couple of things to pick up from here, they sound like great options. I will have to look up the bloodclaw starhost rules, but I certainly like the models you said I would need. But then again, I love all the models in this army!

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

With any luck your saurus characrers are an eternity warden and a sunblood, but either way, still a great buy. I would also change two of the spears for hand weapons if you can, that way you have an even 40/20 split. When you find out what the local AOS players normally play points wise we can help you build a competitive list, there are a lot of great synergies to exploit and use to your advantage.

Monkdaddy likes this.
  5. Monkdaddy
    Jungle Swarm

Monkdaddy New Member

Awesome, thank you. Yeah, when I get the models I will look at the characters and see which ones they are. I will also look into getting the other models you suggested to round out what I have. :)

Bowser likes this.
  6. Monkdaddy
    Jungle Swarm

Monkdaddy New Member

OK, so looks like I was wrong about getting an EotG and a Stegadon. It is only an EotG, though the listing says Stegadon, the pics only show EotG. Not worried about it, I likely get another Stegadon later. Just ordered a box of ripperdactyls. :)

Bowser likes this.
  7. Monkdaddy
    Jungle Swarm

Monkdaddy New Member

Sooo... I jumped in the deep end! I picked up another stegadon, bastiladon, 2 boxes of knights, a slann, saurus sunblood, astrolith, eternity warden, and a starpriest. The carnisaur came with a scar-vet rider, and I have an oldblood on foot. I will likely get another SC box eventually, a starseer, and some guards. They are like pokemon to me, and I haven't even played a game yet... :rolleyes:

I am interested in converting at least one knight into a scar-vet. I have never kit-bashed, is there is a tutorial on how to do it?

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Not really, just make him stand out, you might use the extra head from the start collecting, or maybe a guard head if you have some, give him a warpick instead of a lance and armour him up.

Monkdaddy likes this.
  9. Monkdaddy
    Jungle Swarm

Monkdaddy New Member

Oh yeah, I guess I will have a head from that box to use since I will be making an oldblood. Awesome, thanks!