1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Another new player thread!

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Naeven, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Naeven
    Skink

Naeven New Member

Hey
    I have a couple of questions I'd like some clarification on and preferably where to find the right answers in the rules to back me up when arguing with my friends.

So, question one:
    Summoning!
    Every time I read the rules about summoning I see a new angle on it basically. First me and my friend thought we could re-summon dead units free of charge (that's how the rules and faq says it, especially when they talk about infinite summons of the same units) but then reading more on the webs the more logical viewpoint says that you need points unallocated in order to summon them back.
    How should we interpretate the rules?

Secondly:
    Can only units with the summoning paragraphs be summoned?

And third, about cross "race" and the bonuses.
    As I understand it, we can only use guards if we only use seraphon units in our army, yet I see people having other units from other order armies and still being able to benefit from the seraphon only bonus? What's with that?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard!
    1. Summoning. If you're playing matched play (points) you must have points allocated to summoning units. If you are playing free play, (AOS original) summon away as there are no points.
    2.It has to have a way to be summoned, so either on it's own warscroll or the wizards or something else.

3.You can use an order army with order allegiance abilities. If you choose a Seraphon allegiance to get the guard as battleline, the non seraphon units can not benefit.
    Seraphon alliance

m0gstar, Seraphage and Naeven like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Screenshot_2017-01-02-05-59-47.png

If you look at the eratta for page 156 it is right there how to deal with mixed armies and the allegiances.

Naeven likes this.
  4. Naeven
    Skink

Naeven New Member

So adding, say a couple of high elves, to my seraphon's will not block out the alligience specific bonus for being all seraphon (use guards as battleline)? :)

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That's correct, the aelves just can't benefit. So Aelf heroes could not get artefacts or order abilities, but can still be present in the army.

Naeven likes this.
  6. Naeven
    Skink

Naeven New Member

I see! This is really good news. ;) Thanks!