1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Another Newbe Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by PocketSand, Jun 19, 2017.

1. PocketSand
    Jungle Swarm

PocketSand New Member

Hi, I'm starting up my first army and would like a look over for my list

I bought a bunch of models off eBay and have put together two lists that I'm fairly satisfied with, although I'm not sure which hero should be my general (scar vet on carno or cold one?) or which artefacts to bring (leaning towards pheonix stones for all).

1500 Points

Allegiance Seraphon

Saurus Scar Vet on cold one (gen)

3 x 5 Saurus Knights with lances

Firelance Battalion

Saurus Scar Vet on carnosaur

Skink Starpriest

1 x 5 Chameleon Skinks

1 x 10 Skinks with blowpipes

1 x 3 Ripperdactyls

Shadowstrike Battalion

Stegadon (can't decide between bow or pipes)

My 2000 point list is the above with a Slann and an Engine of the Gods.

Any replacements I should make? If you have a recommendation for a 1000 point list that would also be helpful. I have 20 Saurus warriors, 5 more knights, 10 more skinks, 1 Old Blood on foot, some spare knights that could be scar vets, and 3 kroxigors that I could use. As well I could convert a skink priest and a skink chief from the stegadon kits

I'm the future I'd like to get temple guard and a bastiladon, but I have a lot of painting to do already lol. On that note would it be possible to have the Old Blood on foot act as an eternity warden for an eternal starhost?

I could possibly cobble together enough bits to make a pasale standard astrolith bearer, I don't know how good they are.

Sorry for the wall of text, any advice is appreciated!
    (Pictures of the first model I'm confident enough in posting) 20170605_231124.jpg 20170605_231249.jpg

Crowsfoot and Ritual like this.
  2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I'm not that much help on the gaming side of things, but the Scar-Vet on Carnosaur looks great! If the other models in you collection look that good, you shouldn't be at all afraid to put them up. Have you started yourself a painting blog?

Crowsfoot and Ritual like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, your list is decent but until you start playing it's hard to give more advice as you don't know what type of player you are.

Carny looks good, get a blog started so we can help you develop.

Ritual likes this.
  4. PocketSand
    Jungle Swarm

PocketSand New Member

I'll get started on a painting blog this week, I'm far less satisfied with my first models but I guess that just means I'm getting more aware of what not to do

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It's called progression, we all started by applying paint and thinking yeah cool but then you look back and think hmmm not so cool, that's one of the things I love about this hobby you can see your progression just by looking at your collection of models.

Seraphage likes this.