1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another spawning

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Caeldan, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Caeldan
    Saurus

Caeldan New Member

Well... fairly new to the whole painting thing, so thought I'd start up a post to show off my army as it gets built up and so I can over time see my own progress of where I was to where I hopefully can get.

Starting off small, initially built a small skirmish army of about 750 points that was skink based... so my first finished model (not including bases, holding that off till last so I have an idea of what I want to do)
    first%20finished_l.jpg

first%20finished_b.jpg

And then 20 skinks later...
    DSC00623.JPG

And the army has now expanded to about 1000 points (everything primed, just needs painting now - and for riders to be added to the terradons)...
    DSC00631.JPG

2. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Looks nice, really like the skinks back.... still working on gluing my terradon which isn't working out that well

3. Caeldan
    Saurus

Caeldan New Member

Thanks, I was trying for a red iguana look, that was my inspiration with the colour scheme anyway... not sure if I want to go the same colours with my saurus or mix it up to something similar but different for them.

Gluing the terradons together, I started out trying to figure out how to pin the wings but didn't have much luck with lining everything up... so just used a combination of a gap filling glue, and grey stuff. So far only had one wing loosen up a bit and a couple tails pop off that I glued back on and they stayed there. Realized after the fact that I put the legs on backwards on one of them too :meh:

4. Caeldan
    Saurus

Caeldan New Member

Got some good painting in tonight, really like how my priest turned out...
    DSC00646.JPG

DSC00647.JPG

Also finished up my salamander and his handlers, though - using the purity seal on them, I think I might have used too much? Any gold paint on them seem to have lost their metallic look, and not sure why exactly that might be, silver seems less affected.

DSC00644.JPG

I'm still debating on how I want to paint my saurus warriors, if I want to follow the same paint scheme, or do something similar but different (keep same base body colour, but mix up the colour on the scales on the back to something else).

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Nicely done. :D

I have to say that Skink priest is one of my favorite models to paint :)