1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Another "What do i build next" Question

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Accidental Cultist, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Accidental Cultist
    Jungle Swarm

Accidental Cultist New Member

Hi All,

Another New-Blood here, I have the Start Collecting Box and want to focus more towards the 'Jurassic Park' dinosaur direction for the army. I plan on starting with getting extra knights so i can field a Firelance Starhost, but then not sure what direction to take. Playing around the 1000 - 1500 points level and not really looking at summoning shenanigans. I plan to kit-bash the Carnosaur into a Old Blood rider, skink priest and Scar Vet on Cold one, is this the right move?

Current List:
    1x Old Blood Carnosaur
    1x Scar Vet on Coldone
    1x Skink Proest
    12x Warriors
    15x Knights (with lances)

I'm looking at the Stegedon or the Bastilidon, which one would be better to add in? are Ripper Riders a better addition? Is there another option i haven't looked at that would be better?

Thanks in advanced!

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You got it right with the kitbash for the Starpriest and scar vet, use the chest plate on a saurus body and third saurus hero head for oldblood on foot.
    Then I would suggest the bastiladon followed by the steg. And if you decide to get skinks or Chameleon Skinks go for the rippers for the sweet Shadowstrike Starhost. That is how I would go.

Crowsfoot and Accidental Cultist like this.
  3. Accidental Cultist
    Jungle Swarm

Thanks Bowser,

So going with Bastilidon (and using the solar engine rather than the ark), as i understand it the best way to play would then to leave it in the back lines to shoot while being super aggressive and charging with the rest of the force. How resilient can it get? Should i look to move it more up field, on the opposite side to the main force, to draw enemy forces away from them? or is that just asking for it to be taken out?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Bastilidon with mystic shield cast on it is one of the best tanks in the game.

Accidental Cultist and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

No you want to move it up, it can take the hits. While the enemy is engaged with this then perfect time to charge in with the knights or warriors. This will basically hold an objective for you until the troops get there

6. Accidental Cultist
    Jungle Swarm

So i took everyone's advice...and did the opposite, i got the Stegadon. I was in the shop with a Bastiladon in 1 hand and a Stegadon in the other. i had a chat with the GW Manager for a while and i went with the Stegadon, because i perfered the model. so i appreciate all the advice, but decided to go with what ever was 'coolest

Seraphage, Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That is always the right thing to do! You Didn’t really have a bad option though!

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The stegadon is damn cool, no one can deny it! :)

now, an interesting question could be: the next dino will it be a bastiladon, or another stegadon, to enjoy buffing each other? ;)

Accidental Cultist and Bowser like this.
  9. Accidental Cultist
    Jungle Swarm

Don't know, I also go another box of Knights so i think i'll play with what i have and go from there. my thinking is run the warriors and stegadon upthe middle and try to crash through their lines (ideally they fixate on the stegadon). Run the knights and carnosaur on opposite flanks and swing them around to clean up. I'm not sure how this will actually work in practice though.

Killer Angel and Bowser like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The great thing about AoS is that with every army there are a great number of combinations that will work, some will excel against some enemies and some will triumph against other.
    skinks cloud, sallies shooting, running carnosaur with knights, double stegadons, formations, summoning...
    It's not Oldhammer where certain armies were limited to a couple of lists to be competitive.

Ecozh, Bowser and Accidental Cultist like this.