1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Anyone have experince with Draco's Tail?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Slanntastic, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Slanntastic
    Skink

Slanntastic Member

Hello,

I have a local 2k tournament coming up and am wanting to try a Dracothion's Tail list.

Slann Starmaster (Great Rememberer/Incandesent Rectrices): 260pts
    Skink Starpriest: 80pts
    Astrolith (Prism of Amyntok): 160pts
    Scar-Vet on Carno (Blade of Realities): 240pts

Knights x10: 200pts
    Knights x5: 100pts
    Knights x5: 100pts
    Skinks x20: 120pts

Bastiladon: 280pts
    Bastiladon: 280pts

Firelance: 110pts
    Dracothion's Tail: 60pts

Strategy would be to teleport the Slann, call in Carno, 10 knights, Astro, Skink Starpriest and one of the Bastiladons and then teleport the other Bastiladon over if necessary/possible or maybe put it on the far side to make my opponent have to split things up.

Has anyone run anything similar? Any advice? Anything you would change about the list? I have two more practice games to try and figure stuff out.

My main concern is the hitting ability of the knights. Are they enough of a hammer or will they break against anything ish elite?

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I haven't tried a Draco list myself yet, but I played the Firelance a few times and I have to admit the Knights are a bit hit and miss.
    I have seen them tear through units with decent saves like Liberators or Ardboyz, but I have also seen them get wiped without doing anything.
    The most important thing to keep in mind about them is that they are glass cannons. Make sure you let them attack at a point where the enemy cannot just surround them with a lot of models. Mystic Shield and/or Starlight is also a good idea.
    Serpent Staff gives their damage a bit of a boost, since three of their four attacks are bite attacks.

Another possible tactic is teleporting them out at the start of the second round (if they are still alive) and let them charge in again. That way you might get one or two extra mortal wounds.

3. Slanntastic
    Skink

Slanntastic Member

Yea, cycle charging the knights would be important for sure. I am also struggling with whether to take the first battle round or not. Draco's tail allows you to be a 1 drop, which most of the time will mean you get to choose.

The list lends itself to the alpha strike but I am not sure it could survive getting double turned if the alpha strike falls on its face (ie fail the charge with the knights, bastiladon whiffs, etc.) . I know it is very situational. I guess either way would be ok.

Just in general do you guys following any sort of principles when trying to decide going first vs going second?

4. PJetski
    Chameleon Skink

PJetski Active Member

The only good thing about Firelance is getting +3 to charge after teleporting. If you stack it with a balewind vortex pushing you 3" you only have to roll a 3 to charge.