1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS app (Azyr) subscription based army builder

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Ryojin, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

Surely you've noticed the app getting updated. Anyone tried it yet? How do you feel about it? Does it make useful printouts with rule summaries or is it barebones points calculator? How about battalions?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

I got it at launch, been fiddling about with it. It's nothing fancy, an armybuilder with pictures in it for each unit (And you can use your own pictures if you want, woop woop!). It's a bit clunkier than scrollbuilder in my oppinion. That being said, I will probably fiddle with lists in scrollbuilder, but save them in "Azyr". Now I won't have to print out my lists or keep notepads, just save a copy in Azyr :)

Edit: No additional on rules, battalions or warscrolls. They reside in the "old" part of the app as usual. All the old content is behind the same paywall as before.

Bowser and Ryojin like this.
  3. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

Well thats the interest gone for me. Should have had proper printouts with rule summaries as that is what lacking in scrollbuilder/battlescribe and as those are GW property. You could do this with a bit of effort in a bit more manual way anyhow. No incentive to buy it now. Hope they update and keep improving it though. I'd love an official army builder. :p

Bowser likes this.
  4. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

The lack of rules is slightly annoying, but you can export them to My Battle and see the rules there.

It's decent enough to use, the interface could do with a slight bit of work in my opinion. It's a good start, and I'll continue to pay for it just so I can have my lists on the go with me and tinker with them out and about.

spess, Bowser and Ryojin like this.
  5. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

You can just export the lists to PDF from scrollbuilder and have your lists with you in no time. I dont see how the app is better than that? You could edit the lists on fly but they are fairly quick to create anyway.

I wish they did a questionnaire or so for feedback.

I myself am digging the subscription format if it just would give access to all rules needed for army building. Would gladly pay a monthly fee for the most up-to-date stuff.

Btw. Can you select command traits etc in the app or has that been overlooked as well?

Bowser likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

the Azyr section has a monthly fee of $1.49.
    Now I recognize some GW's old style... :D

Bowser likes this.
  7. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I actually can't be the only person who thinks 99p for some reasonable on-the-go functionality isn't bad?

Scrollbuilder is decent but not for tinkering on the go like that.

It's £12 a year... Actually nothing if you're employed and if you're not maybe GW models aren't the hobby for you...

spess, Ryojin and Bowser like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

from our pov It's not bad, I agree.

But if you're at the receiving end, it's something... ;)

Bowser likes this.
  9. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Of course, they're a business - they need to keep the lights on, pay developers, etc. They aren't making games out of the goodness of their hearts after all.

I just don't think it's much money to pay for useful functionality, yes there's room for improvement, so I'll pay for it as it is in the hope they continue to show progress and put time and effort into the product. If they don't, I'll cancel the sub and work out something else.

In it's current format it is worth 99p a month to me.

spess and Bowser like this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I think of it this way, do I use scrollbuilder with a bag of crisps or do I use the App with no crisps, I love crisps but I could give up one packet a month, defo worth £0.99p a month

spess, Ryojin and Bowser like this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

It is actually pretty cool, I have been playing around with it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Crowsfoot and Ryojin like this.
  12. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

I think GW are starting to head in the right direction. Just introducing Azyr is big step for them I reckon, I just hope they keep going.

Bowser and Ryojin like this.
  13. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

What's the improvement on scrollbuilder other than you can see the rules for each unit?

Bowser likes this.
  14. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

Can't even see the rules in the army builder, you have a button though to export all the stuff to "my battle" from the list builder, but that seems bugged, at least for me it exports all models I have in any lists to my battle even though I'm trying to bring over one list.

You also don't get all the battalion rules etc, so when building your list you could build an invalid list because it does not check if the battalion restrictions are met or not.

Aside from that it makes sure your list is legal in respect to the allegiance rules, you can't pick models to battleline etc if you have the wrong allegiance (like use other order units and saurus guard will no longer pop up in the battleline section).

It's worth it for being the official thing, you support GW instead of someone else, and hopefully they will improve their ballgame. Now, I'd say if you're happy with what scroll builder does, stick with it, if not, try out the app.

I bought into it, will unsubscribe if they don't improve things within the next few months.

Bowser likes this.
  15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You can add your own pictures, which will definitely be handy for proxies if you just hand the printout to the opponent, they will have quick visual reference.

16. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to sync lists across devices btw? I've built a few on my tablet, but can't see them on my phone.

17. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Don't want to derail OP, but did you have a look at battlescribe? You can unlock some features for some bucks, but otherwise it's free (some advertising of course...).

18. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

GW should just make Azyr free. It is ridiculous. They make ****tons of money with the models we need to buy in order to play anyway, the data gathered from the app (who owns which models, who makes lists for what) is pure gold for their marketing department, so that app already paid for itself.

...ok I'll admit it I just don't want to buy it as long as they don't fix the issue with losing all your stuff when switching devices.