1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AOS CAMPAIGN WARBAND

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ, Aug 1, 2016.

?

would you like to see a campaign warband allegiance comepetition to be held?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2016.
  1. yes, necessary

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no, unnecessary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ Member

I recently bought the GW general's handbook and as i read trough it I found it interesting where it describes about playing campaigns and wanted to participate in a campaign, cool. As i read further though it only described the allegiances for chaos, skaven, stormcast eternals, Fyreslayers, ironjawz,death and Sylvaneth warbands. No seraphon...:( since I have created a lizardmen/seraphon army i would like to know if there is an extention of other warband allegiances, or i use one of the existing ones because, i really wanna see my lizzies climbing up the top with Glory.
    Thanks

Bowser likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I think you can join the other "Good" armies.
    but you may loose some benefits that seraphon only armies have.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For now, no warband for us.
    It's a wasted opportunity, given that we are one of the few army with a real battletome...

Eh, it's kinda Mordheim, maybe later we'll have a semi-official warband. ;)

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

wait is there a path of glory for the seraphon or no?...i really hope there is....

5. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

n
    Nope no path of glory, i mean it is a shame that they have to exclude the seraphon from stuff like this because come on, they were one of the only 2 races to survive the end times (the other being skaven which, got their path of glory AND campaign) Choas didnt even survive and it was they who destroyed it! I mean this means that seraphon cannot participate in around 2/3rds of the book, i mean GW well done on bringing back the points system but boo on leaving all us seraphon players out

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

aw man :argh::argh:that really sucks i was really hoping we would get that...some day soon i hope..and im still way to new to the hobby to try and make my own campaign...:banghead::banghead::banghead:...well i am stating orcs, chaos, stormcast and some day the wood people unless they make a new race lol

Bowser likes this.
  7. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

would it be possible to host a competition on who could create the best campaign warband allegiance for the seraphon as a community made warband for the seraphon players until an official came out?

Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

We were thinking the same, just basing off of other armies I imagine it won't be too hard to figure something out

9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

The Brettonians are considering writing their own. There is a thread for the notion going on the Bret forums.

There was a Quest for the Grail supplement a few editions back that could be updated.

@KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ —How did any Skaven survive the End Times eradication of all things Warhammer?

The original Path To Glory was a booklet for Chaos things only. Strongly encouraged converting models.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

:singing:I would be happy with one if someone came up with it:singing:, again I don't have the knowledge of this game yet to modify things like that and keep it balanced :sorry::sorry:

Bowser likes this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

I fear that the reason why we don't have a warband, lies in that horrible fluff for Seraphon.

We are not "living" being, saurus are just summoned from the memories of the Slanns, so, if the troops and the heroes are just dreams made flesh, how can they attract followers?

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  12. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

Doesn't mean we need to be left out and it can be that inteadof attracting followers we prove to the slaan that we a worthy of more units which they summon for us

Bowser likes this.
  13. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

If we host a competition u can help judge

Bracnos likes this.
  14. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

Well why not have a competition after the painting one? Would U be interested in helping?

Bowser likes this.
  15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Champion table:
    Champion Followers

Oldblood on Carnosaur 5 units
    Scar-Vet on Carnosaur 6 units
    Scar-Vet on Cold One 7 units
    Oldblood on Foot 8 units

Followers Table

D6
    Followers
    1- skinks
    2- warriors
    3- guard
    4- knights
    5- chameleon skinks
    6- kroxigor

Monster Followers
    D6 Followers

1- 2 razordons or salamanders with handlers
    2- 3 terradon riders or 3 ripperdactyl riders
    3- stegadon
    4- bastiladon
    5- engine of the gods
    6- troglodon

Hero Followers
    D6 Followers

1- skink star priest
    2- skink priest
    3- sunblood
    4- eternity warden
    5- starseer
    6- astrolith bearer

Followers Reward Table
    D6 Reward
    1 Recalled From Memory: At the beginning of the game you may choose not to set this unit up instead in any movement phase you may set up this model any where on the board more than 9 inches away from an enemy model.
    2 Unstoppable: this unit doesn't take battleshock
    3 Starlight Weapons: if the wound roll for a celestite weapon carried by a model from this unit is 6 or higher and it charged in the same turn, the attack inflicts an additional mortal wound.
    4 Hard Scales: in your hero phase you can declare hard scale defense. This unit can not take any action during the movement phase, this turn when you make save rolls for models in this unit, ignore enemy's rend characteristic unless it is -3 or better and re-rolls failed save rolls.
    5 Savage Memories: models in this unit add 1 to their damage characteristics.
    6 Meteor Shower: for every enemy unit within 3 inches of this unit, roll a die for each model in that unit or units. On a 5 or more that model suffers a mortal wound.

Champion Rewards Table
    2D6 Result
    2 Shady Memory:
    If the champion is slain you lose D3 glory points (to a minimum of 0) And lose all rewards this champion has gained so far in the campaign.
    3 Predatory Instinct: in each hero phase roll a d6. A result of 3 or lower the champion must charge the nearest enemy unit subtract 1 from all hit rolls and add 1 to all wound rolls. On a 4 or more the champion re-rolls all failed hit and wound rolls.
    4 Primal Roar: Once per battle you may use the primal roar. If they do so add 1 to the hot roll for the champion and all units from the warband for the rest of the turn.
    5 Savage Strength: Add 1 to all wound rolls for attacks made against models with a wound characteristic of 7 or more.
    6 Weapon Of The Gods: Choose one weapon used by the champion (it can not be a weapon used by the mount if the champion has a mount) Increase the damage characteristic of that weapon by 1.
    7 Scales Like Steel: Add 1 to the wounds characteristic of the champion.
    8 Unbreakable: Add 1 to the bravery characteristic for the champion and all units from the warband that are within 8 inches of the champion in the battleshock phase.
    9 Celestite Star Shield: Reroll all failed save rolls for the champion.
    10 Terrifying Advance: Add 2 to all charge or run rolls made by your champion.
    11 Unseen Benefactor: In one of your hero phases choose 3 enemy units. Deal D3 mortal wounds to each of those units. Can only be used once per battle.
    12 The Bright Constellation: Once per battle in your hero phase, you can heal all wounds on your Champion. Or if your Champion is slain roll a D6 on a 5 or 6 the champion is set up on the battlefield anywhere more than 9 inches from an enemy unit. This counts as their move for the following movement phase.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Oops was busy writing this out when you wrote that, but here is an example of what we will be play testing. If it seems over powered we will tweak it, but I think it's justifiable at this point. But yeah we could definitely run a comp and see what the community comes up with.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Bracnos likes this.
  17. Killer Angel
    Slann

Sure, I agree with you, but I'm just trying to imagine the reason behind their choice.

18. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

Yes could use tweaks but otherwise great! Still need to see with the follower's rewards but the hero rewards look great gonna have to test out soon would also include a sun blood in the champions

Bowser likes this.
  19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think that you could probably replace Oldblood on foot with Sunblood without too many complaints, but I tried to base it off of other armies paths to glory so the oldblood/scar vet lone is where I went. Like the Celestant for the Stormcast.

20. KROQ-GAR and GRYMLOQ
    Saurus

Only a suggestion

Bowser likes this.