1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS Campaign

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord Sa'rk, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

My local GW is now starting a campaign for AoS, that will be about securing territory across all 8 mortal realms.
    We, players, will be divided in factions (Order, Chaos, Death, and Destruction).
    The first battle was fought by me (LM, order) against some VC. Small armies, 4 WS each, and it seemed to be a pretty straight forward victory for me until all those undead started coming back to life... so I regret to inform you that the Lizardmen lost the first battle for the realm of fire :(

Anyway, head to my local GW facebook page to check some more details about it if you want, and I'll also post a few more details tomorrow.

Lemme know if you're interested in knowing how this goes, so I can keep this thread goin'.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Slanputin and Ixt like this.
  2. Eubrontes
    Skink

Eubrontes New Member

Sounds pretty cool. I've had a feeling that a good map campaign, even one set in the old world, would be ideal for AOS rules. You start with as large of an army as you want, but deploy only so many during a battle to keep some in reserve. And the rules for being outnumbered can work great, if you send just a small scouting party or you are fighting with the last remnants of your army.
    I for one would be interested in seeing more updates.

Ixt likes this.
  3. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

Update on the campaign: Order in last place, though me and another player managed to secure a few more tiles yesterday.

By now the battle for the Realm of Fire is nearly over, and we're gonna move to the Realm of Life next.

On a side note, Ogors (ogres) are bloody crazy, destruction had only one tile and after yesterday they managed to tie in 2nd place, everyone got steam rolled by them, which honestly wasn't fun at all

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

What does a "realm" consist of?

5. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

Each realm consists of 37 hexagonal tiles. For every game won, the victorious faction. Gets to chose a tile adjacent to another tile already belonging to that faction

6. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

Like this:
    Fantasia Painting(12).jpg

7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

So a realm is a hexagonal chunk of NewHammerPlanet's surface? ...but it is never specified where? or exactly how big it is?

8. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

What do you mean by "where it is"?

9. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

And no, this is nothing official, just a system we came up with to add some narrative and competitiveness while having fun playing AoS

10. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Is the realm of fire on/near the equator ... off in its own dimension ... how does it connect to other things or anything?

11. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

It'll be easier for you to read some of the fluff about the new setting (the latest WD issues explain it nicely) but I'll try to explain it briefly.

Basically, the world is no more, there are 9 realms, (near) infinite in size and all connected by realm gates.
    Each realm represents a wind of magic, or element if you will, like Death, Metal, Life, and so on. There's also a realm of Chaos and a realm of heavens, where Sigmar lives.

12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

So the rumour of a new planet—that was just a rumour.

And, you are right, I am not going to read the new fluff. Just wanting the bullet point version.

13. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

The core of the old World still exists, and I think its part of Sigmars realm, Azyr, but this part is still a bit confusing to me, don't really know how it works

14. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

From what I gather Azyr is Sigmar's realm which is the Celestial Realm (Lore of Heavens). He was able to seal all the Gates to/from his Realm before Chaos overwhelmed the other Realms. The Realmgate War is him sending his Eternals back out to reclaim gates and free the Realms. The core of the Old World is where he gets the Sigmarite from.

15. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

So do you find the 4 scrolls balancing or not?

16. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

4 scrolls?

17. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Didn't you say the campaign was 4 War Scrolls each?

18. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

Oh, no that was just the first game. There's no limit for each game. The players just agree between themselves what to do in each time :)

19. Lord Sa'rk
    Saurus

Lord Sa'rk Member

Of course, the more scrolls you bring, the longer the game and your opponent might go for Sudden Death.

20. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Oh I see