1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Second Edition

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 12, 2018.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

You have been more of a part of late with your comments on Kharadron, DoK and Idoneth Deepkin :p

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

What about a whole load of models based on her? You could probably use them in fantasy as proxy WoC models in revenge for what AoS did to fantasy...

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I can separate model from game. GW continues to produce fantastic models; the fact that those models are for AoS does not alter that.

Perhaps I have grown too benign during my long vigil. Do others view my recent posts as a kink in my armour. We need the return of the Old NIGHTBRINGER... one without mercy or compassion. Death to AoS heretics!!!

zowspvr.png

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It would look cool, but I don't want to spend too much money at GW. They will view that as AoS success. At best I will buy a model here or there or the odd paint (I am switching over to Vallejo anyways).

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I don't. I liked how even you were showing some interest in the new models.
    Fixed that for you ;)

One place where we do agree is that more Stormcast is BAD NEWS.

Woohoo Episode I quote!

6. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

Oh boy another Stormcast-themed starter set? Holy shit I'm so excited...

Jokes, but I am really looking forward to seeing how the game develops. Magic deserves a proper flesh-out, and I'd love to see artillery given some distinct rules instead of them being forced into the same mould as other units.

P.S. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl is a dumb. :^)

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Agreed with all you just said.

8. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

You heard it here first, folks. :^)

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Was there any call for that?

[​IMG]

o_O

10. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

Nope, but the opportunity was there and it was delicious and I have the sense of humour of a 12-year-old.

Back to the matter at hand, what's our 'community wishlist' for the new version? There's my artillery thing, anything else we can think of?

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Well I'm not impressed. That was completely uncalled for - I've done nothing to offend you - but I'm going to consider the subject closed if nothing like that happens again.

Well, apart from more Fyreslayers stuff and the desire to see Sylvaneth nerfed beyond belief, I think the rules for characters in units only being targeted if they're the closest model should be brought in from 40K 8th Edition as it makes so much sense and is more like Fantasy.

12. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

Hey, it was intended as a light-hearted goof-around, I'm not seriously taking shots at you or your intelligence, as you said I don't know anything about you nor do I have any reason to take a serious crack at you. Hope that clears the air.

13. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what they mean with; No shooting ‘out’ of combat?

Is it no shooting when in combat? Or only shooting at the unit where you’re in combat with?

The first would make alot of units much worse, like a bastiladon. Or a stegadon with subfire. Although it opens more options for weaker fast units like Rippers. Charging some shooting unit, tear it appart while only fearing their poor melee stats.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I do hope they take stuff like bastillidons and the like into account yeah.. archers not being able to shoot is fine. But bastillidons are supposed to get into the thick of it. If they then immeadiatly lose their only potent weapon it gets a bit weird. Stegadons at least have a decent melee profile and could actually fight themselves out of combat again. But a bastilladon would just be stuck there for ages. I would expect them to limit it to the target youre in melee with, simply due to the amount of moving weapon platform stuff like bastiladons that'd lose far too much firepower despite fullfilling their intended purpose.

ChapterAquila92 and IggyStarhost like this.
  15. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Would also wreck KO I guess. Also the axes from fireslayers. His wording just seemed weird. Could have said, no shooting when in combat. That with not a too big nerfe bat for shooting I guess you could only shoot at units you are in combat with. Which makes sense game and fluff wise.

Canas likes this.
  16. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

My guess is the rule won’t affect behemoths, or the very least shooting units can’t shoot out of their combat but are free to shoot anyone they’re in combat with.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That’s fine, no worries, sorry about that. I think I’ve just been too tense lately with all this University coursework I’ve been doing.

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It’s not so much a nerf for Fyreslayers - in fact it’s good for melee armies anywhere because they can stop shooty armies from shooting while they are in combat, which makes sense.

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Actually now that I think about it, behemoths wouldn't be the only ones screwed. There's also stuff like Kairic acolytes or Tzeentch horrors that have a significant chunk of their firepower in their ranged attacks but aren't proper ranged troops. Similary skinks would have a massive issue seeing as they're skirmishers.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Another disaster averted! :)

And to think I already had a YouTube clip set for the occasion...