1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS v2 new 2000pts list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by shole, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. shole
    Skink

shole Member

Hey guys. As the new version is on its way, I made a new list in order to try the new rules. So this is what I put together:

Heroes
    -Slann Starmaster(general) 260
    -Saurus Astrolith Bearer. 160
    -Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur 260
    -Saurus sunblood 120
    Skink starpriest. 80

Battle line
    -Saurus Warriors x40. 360
    -Saurus Warriors x10. 100
    -Saurus Warriors x10. 100

Behemoths
    Bastiladon. 280

Battalion
    Sunclaw Bloodhost. 130
    Fangs of sotek. 70

Endless Spells
    Cogs. 60
    Swords/maelstrom 20

Total points 2000.

The thought about this list is that you start the battle with 4 command points(1 at the start, 2 from battalions,1 more from fangs of sotek bat). Also you have extra move from the battalion with a help if you cast the cogs at your first battle round. This move will have you travel to the mid table in one turn without even spend a command point. With a Slann command you get fly to carnosaur and 40 warriors block for maximum threat. All others spells goes to summoning pool. Starting at turn 2 you change the cogs for the extra spell unless you need the charge help. You have already collected 7+d3 points in turn one unless you are sure about not need of the starpriest spell and spend his spell for the cogs and then u have 10+d3 poionts. Turn two you are ready to summon and so on.

I think that the bonuses of the battalions with the help of summons will keep the list competitive. Swords or maelstrom is to fill the last 20 points.

Another thought is to change the Bastiladon with a troglodon(160pts) and an oldblood on foot(120pts). Extra mini movement for the big block and an extra monster that can unbind and become a vessel to cast spells. Drawback is the lack of a significant range threat for the enemy. Also it is a secret ambition of mine to use a bastiladon in close quarters with the snake attacks for once. The teleport will do the job.

I hope to get your thoughts about my list. Any advise for changes or compatibility are more than welcome.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Crowsfoot and Aginor like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hell yeah, a Sunclaw!
    That looks decent IMO. I would try it myself but I just cannot paint that many Saurus now.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

I'd drop the bastiladon to bring one of the small saurus units up to 40, then probably swap the quicksilver swords for geminids. The army is a little light on bodies currently.

For artefacts/traits, I'd assume rectrices + either vast intellect or great rememberer on the Slann (I'd go vast intellect for a higher chance at being able to move after teleporting), blade of realities or coronal shield on the carnosaur, and coronal shield or light of dracothian on the sunblood. Or, if you're allowed to use realm artefacts, take the Lens of refraction for -d3 damage from spells for all units within 6" of the bearer from Hysh, and put it on the Sunblood or Astrolith instead of blade/shield/light.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. shole
    Skink

shole Member

ncreasing the warriors to 2 blocks of 40 is the best to get max from the sunclaw but i dont have the models atm. I think that bastiladon though is something like a must in order to have a reliable ranged attack. That -1 attack with the 2 dmg can clean many screans. Im very troubled though, cause bastiladon is our most expensive unit out there, and there were times that it was useless with 1 or 2 attacks on the roll failed to hit or saved.

In my opinion the new rules just made slanns and astroliths a must. The summoning though is not as powerfull as it seams on paper. you need 1 extra round in order to move your unit and if you think of the wait to gather the points for something usefull it will be round 3 or 4.

5. Andrinor
    Saurus

Andrinor Member

Pretty similar list to what I'm looking at for a Triumph and Treachery game on an upcoming camping trip.

I'm forgoing the spells and the Starpriest for a few Salamanders and handlers.

Crowsfoot likes this.