1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS Winter update

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xasto, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I believe @DeathBringer125 doubt was "where can i buy a base with those dimensions?"

2. Caleb ex nihilo
    Chameleon Skink

Caleb ex nihilo Well-Known Member

Ah yep... lol.
    Yeah, not sure. GW doesn't make 280s. Neither does reaper or third party companies as far as I can tell. Best bet is making your own or getting one of the ebay MDF base makers/3D printers to make you one.

3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

according to those, only three things have this size base, and its the biggest by far (Tamerkhan, Chaos war mammoth, Dread) next closest is 170x105 and that's a lord celestant on star drake!

4. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t think my 3d printer is large enough to make a base for it though I will check. If not I will have to get one off eBay.

Caleb ex nihilo likes this.
  5. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

You forgot to mention the "nerf" to the toad in the first hero phase. You can't place one now, if you have summoned a unit rippers in your first hero phase. Maybe it was clear to all of you but i was playing it till now that i can place it ^^
    And my words for the astrolith nerf. Its not really a nerf, all new factions and abilities will have the same wording. I think to prevent the awkard building of a line to your buffing model.

6. Ecozh
    Cold One

Ecozh Active Member

Where was this changed? I can't see anything in the errata or faq. As long as it doesn't dat 'start of Heroes phase' this can still be done?

Edit: see instead of 'zee' phone must think I'm French

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Indeed.
    The only thing it is said, is in the Designer' s note, and it explicitly talks about rippers summoned AFTER the first hero phase .

Ecozh likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

I think you have misread it.
    You can't place toads for rippers summoned AFTER the first hero phase

9. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

oh well haha xD then ignore my wise words there :D

Ecozh likes this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

No problem.
    my suggestion is to always have a printed copy of the FAQ with you at tournaments, so you can show them to your opponent in case of disagreement. :)

Ecozh likes this.
  11. ChubbSkink
    Saurus

ChubbSkink Member

Anyone else annoyed by the changes our battletome has suffered? I don't mean it in the sense that those changes were needed, but in the sense that our faction now seems like it needs multiple documents to be played correctly. I would rather have a new battletome with everything inside. We are back to the age of 6th and 7th edition 40k, where every faction needed 3 books, errata and faq to be played correctly.
    I know we were one of the first batteltomes around, but hey, it's been what 3 years and we're on the second edition of the game using a very outdated battletome. GW has done a fine job with other line products but is seriously lagging behind with others.
    Sorry if I sounded a bit bitter, not my intention, but just want a new battletome with everything included and stop this patches that make it seem like our faction is a badly conceived cellphone app (small fixes every week).

Happy holidays to everyone!

Ecozh and Caleb ex nihilo like this.
  12. Ecozh
    Cold One

Ecozh Active Member

Well.. if the rumours are true we might het An updated one next year.

But to be honest, I use the unit cards with some added pen notes.

For tournaments what Killer Angel might be a verry good Idea. Thanks for that!

13. Nacho
    Skink

Nacho Member

I hatw that too. You need the rulebook, battletome, general's handbook, monstrpus compendium and malign sorcery books, each with its own FAQ and designer's commentary just to play a game because the rules are scattered through too many books. It's ridiculous.

I recommend something: after you buy the battletome (or if you have one already, because copyright issues), photocopy the datasheets and the starhosts datasheets, with the rules and point costs from the battletome and the general's handbook, tie them all together and start writing on that all the changes in the faqs. It's really useful having everything there. You still need the books for missions and rules and all that, but at least you keep the battletome clean (i hate writing on the battletomes and codexes).

14. ChubbSkink
    Saurus

ChubbSkink Member

I use post-its for changing the battletome rules. But right now my battletome looks like a sweet 16 scrapbook, with more stickers and pages flying around than actual original ones. It’s just terrible.

Ecozh likes this.
  15. Killer Angel
    Slann

I remember a pdf with all our battlescrolls updated to almost the last FAQ .
    If you're interested i can try to find it...

Edit: ok, take a look at this

16. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

Zunhs and Killer Angel like this.
  17. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

you see the pictures on that? the dragon definitely needs a base that size (if not bigger), but calling the dread comparable to that is insane.... we could get away with a smaller base for sure....

18. crazyhorse1321
    Skink

crazyhorse1321 Member

I have as they are my pictures. I have been 3D printing the base for the dragon since it was released. Now GW thinks more things need that huge base.

ILKAIN likes this.
  19. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Lmao nice, didn't realize it was yours lol. still think dread could be smaller lol... but im prolly biased lol

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yeah, DS doesn't need a base that size.
    But alas, we must run with it... :meh: