1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoW lizardmen hero WiP

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Infyra, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Infyra
    Skink

Infyra New Member

new to this and figured i'd start posting pics of my lizards

so here is an almost completed TG champion standing beside my new assembled and primed AoW lizardmen hero for a good size comparison. I'll add more pics of him as i get more completed.

Attached Files:

• 051.jpg
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
  2. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Judging by the TG champion, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your miniatures and painting skills!!! Keep us updated on your progress and if you feel like it, start your own painting log in the appropriate sub-forum!

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I had seen the AoW figure before, but never in comparison to a GW figure. It will be a great fit. I also agree with the post above, that is a nice paint job that you put on that TG.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! I agree your painting does look very good, looking forward to seeing that AoW model painted.

5. boreas
    Saurus

boreas New Member

Haha, maybe you can help me! I have two "jawbones" in my blister (kind of like those in the TG kits). Where do those go?

Phil

6. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

I ordered myself one of these babies and I can't wait till it arrives. Looking forward to see yours painted ;)

7. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

8. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

I want to know too.

9. boreas
    Saurus

boreas New Member

I've finished building the LM hero. Quite a nice piece. He's a bit smaller thatn a Kroxigor, noticably bigger than a Saurus, so kinda of a mix between the two of them. There are two things I didn't quite like. First, the shield is held pretty thight against the chest, which doens't help for painting if you pre-assemble the mini and also gives it a cramped look. That can be easily fixed with some pinning and greenstuff. Secondly, the model is really made to be used with the great weapon. The hand weapon looks pretty small. So what I did was cut-up the weapons using the right hand and handle of the HW but the top part of the GW.

I'll post pictures in a few days!

Phil

10. Conifer
    Skink

Conifer New Member

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/

Any chance of posting more pictures of you painted Saurus? The skin looks real good from here!

11. Infyra
    Skink

Infyra New Member

Thanks for the compliments and yes I will post more pics of the hero and the temple guard when I'm home.

I agree the shield is held a little tight too the body and I decided to paint it separately . Overall I do like the model and it'll be a nice addition to the army. Gives a slightly different look for an old blood or scar vet.

12. Infyra
    Skink

Infyra New Member

More pics of the AoW hero, skin and scales are for the most part finished here. Debating if I want to attempt NMM for the gold or just go with the regular metallic paints.

Attached Files:

13. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

looking good man! keep up the good work!

14. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

positively awesome.

particularly like the way you have highlighted his skin, really looks great!

15. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

This is one really sweet paint job!!! I'm eager to see the finished product. Keep those pictures coming!

16. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Very nice! I really like that model and your paint job is very nice :)

17. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

I like that paint job. I also like the model a lot more now that I see it next to a GW one.

18. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

I love that model. I've been checking Rikards sculpting logs every day to see the progress. I really love the details on the shield (and even the inner side! WOW!).
    You paintjob is really nice, though I am not a big fan of this shade of red (but thats my personal problem ;) the painting is still awesome and I can only envy you your skills ;) ).

I wanted to ask about the quality of the model. Bad casting? Mold lines? Or totaly perfect? :)

19. Infyra
    Skink

Infyra New Member

Again thanks for the comments I appreciate them all.

Lazoxoatl, the mold lines are about the same as any GW model so I guess they weren't bad. Took a small file and got rid of most of them. As per my standard, I noticed 1 or 2 more after I had painted it. The casting seems fine. I like the details on the model and had no trouble getting them to show.

20. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Thanks for reply ;) That good to hear... Now I just need the money to buy him :D