1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are 7th ed models aloud

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by lustria, Jul 29, 2010.

1. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

hi guys i was wondering, are old editions of LM aloud when playing at GW or do you have to have the new ones,

btw i wasnt sure if this was the write forum to chat in so sorry strewart if it wasnt.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You mean we have 8th edition models now... :jawdrop:

When did that happen..?
    :rage:

Ps. you are alloud to use any GW model in GW sanctioned events,
    otherwise you are alowed to use any model you feel like using.

3. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

4. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

ok good, i have mostly all new apart from the steggi and the terradon i think,i am going to get a new steggi though purely cause thay look cool,i prefer the howdah to the old one but then again i prefer the old steggo to the new ones. ahh well lifes not perfect X) oh i just thought that the modles would be 8 cause theirsa the 8th ed warhammer rule book. ime guessing by ure reactions that ime wrong

5. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Yeah, needing to purchase new models would be insane and completely uncalled for.. Imagine: you are paying an arm and a leg for your pieces, then GW comes out with another edition and now you have to pay with your OTHER arm and leg! :jawdrop: That gives you only two editions!! Okay, a little dramatic but you get my point :p GW is still a little fair on ONE point: if you bought the model from them at any time, you can still use it ;)

6. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

ok good, its just i could see that could happen, marketing and all so i wasnt sure but ime glad you dont

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I was making a joke because the aren't any 8th edition models yet....
    (except for some special edition pesents)

Soon a the new starer box comes out in a couple of months,
    Skaven and High Elves will have the first proper 8th edition models.

many of the current models are from 6th edition, and one or two from 5th.

8. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

i think that they should wait for a while and put all the modles out in one big go instead of an army at a time, it would be ore fair that way,eg the high elves get 8ed and were stuck with 6ed, it kinda sucks.its just gonna happen like this :mad: guy withougt a gun=LM guy with a gun =HE

altthough i suppose they take this in to consideration..

9. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

You have to remember that GW is a company. And to be honest doing what you say isn't what I'd call a good marketing plan(?).

Cheers!

10. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Also think of how much time we would have to be waiting for everything to be coming out at the same time.. GW isn't full of writers and sculptors who can just shoot out new army books and models all the time.. I would be soooo tired of waiting for ALL the armies to come out at once.. And plus, seeing armies get new models and cooler things just makes you that much more excited about the new things you'll be getting!!