1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Artefact Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Kurufinwe, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I can't help but feel like Seraphon are a ways off for an updated Battletome. Compared to a lot of armies, we are pretty well off and just got a massive buff in the latest Generals Handbook.

Considering the state of skaven, dwarves, or even high elves... I can't imagine we are a priority.

What does GW's AoS FAQ schedule look like? Does it follow the 40k approach of two big FAQs and one Chapter Approved (GH equivalent)?

Ecozh likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

What perplexes me to no end, is the fact that we are being given a good amount of love (see also the new xmas box), but no new models and almost no references in the fluff (we were mentioned maybe twice in all the malign portents arc, and in the Malign Sorcery book, we are not even named between the order factions!)

3. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Agreed. Some of our basic units (saurus, i'm looking at you) are quite outdated, but I think overall the range looks pretty nice.

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It isn't so much that we're in a bad state, it's mostly that we're in a very weird state and are feeling more and more incomplete and poorly handed. I mean, Kroak's warscoll has been errata'd what, 3 times now? Rippers extra attacks generated has changed thrice as well? EoTG has had its 2 most powerfull abilities completly overhauled? It's been rather many changes, and there's still a bunch of stuff that's weird and doesn't fit in the slightest in the grander scheme of things (e.g. Guards being "elites" with their 1 wound…)

And I mean we need something like 4 books and at least 2 pdf's to even have the full set of rules, and the correctly errata'd/F.A.Q.-ed rules, for our core army. Then we don't even have endless spells or realm stuff yet. And it's not like that's 1 battletome and then 3 books containing 1 battalion or something small like that each, no those other books contain rather vital stuff like artifacts, allegiance abilities and our entire summoning mechanic…. It's slightly ridiculous.

If nothing else we're high overdue for a 1.1 version of our battletome that actually has up to date rules so we no longer need to carry around an entire library to play. Though if they do that, they might as well fill in some of the gaps we still have while they're at it.

Koriialstraz and Killer Angel like this.
  5. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Totally agree. I guess i don't notice the problem as much because I just use the App for everything. If nothing else i'd LOOOOOOVE endless spells. I think there's some really cool opportunities there for interesting models.

Canas likes this.