1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assembling Stegadon - Need Help

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Sleboda, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

with the newer largish models I've bought my frustration has been (from least to most frustrating) carno, steg, terradons.

easily.

2. aristine
    Jungle Swarm

aristine New Member

Talking about stegadons I have a question for anyone that might be able to help? I have gotten some stegadons off ebay and they was glued already and who every had them before me I think used super glue, they are plastic pieces and I've tried putting them in simple green to get the glue to loosen up but it won't do anything can some one help please???

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Try leaving in the frezer for a bit first, the cold make the superglue more fragile.

4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

this. although do be careful.

i did this trying to bust apart an older Predator tank i had mangled as a child and i ended up mangling it even worse.

i wasn't very gentle, but the turret i was trying to get off ended up snapping in a couple parts.

5. D43m0nSp4wn
    Saurus

D43m0nSp4wn New Member

Yeah freezing helps a lot but you do need to be careful. Don't want to sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but the single most important thing to do is to try and ensure any leverage you use to snap the parts apart again is applied as close to the joint you are trying to break as you possibly can. Otherwise the plastic will take the shearing force instead and snap.

I usually use a pin vice to drill a very small hole through the joint if I can as it makes it easier to lever apart with a jewellers type screwdriver and can be filled really easily when the pieces are reassembled.