1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Fluff Axlotol -Tying it into my armies fluff

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Sudsinabucket, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Lately i have been rewriting my armies personal fluff and have picked Axlotol as my central Temple City and have created a new Old One/God (perhaps a God would be more accurate?) which they follow with the help of @Nazqua named Metzlitlaco.

I had wrote an origin for the Old One/God but have decided to start new which I'll begin working on this month.

Highlights of Metzlitlaco:

*She is a Serpent god, the third serpent god that is a "link" between Topek and Sotek.

*As her name points to she is the Serpent Goddess of the Moon, Stars and Fortune (I lean the word "fortune" to mean in battle primarily)

*Her followers worship the Moon and Stars, and hold Silver in a higher regard than Gold as Silver represents the Moon.

*Representing the Moon Metzlitlaco Fights the tainting power of the false moon, the Horned Rat and his spawn along with all other taint that threatens the harmony and purification of the world as a whole

*She has her own Spawns much like Sotek and Topek have (Large Snakes and Coatl respectively), hers are called Sitlunār Kōatl or in common tongue Moon Serpents who are created when she sheds her skin. Only 2 generations have ever been created and not many are left.

*plaques regarding her existence have almost all but been lost or forgotten, save a few that have recently been rediscovered, along with a single scale found in Spektezuma (I have some added lore for Spektezuma too which is linked to Metz also)

*I would like to link Axlotol and Tlaxtlan, having her followers traveling between the cities depending on Constellations or the phase of the Moon, making Tlaxtlan the Second High City for her followers

There is more but this post is specifically about Axlotol

I have looked but the internet doesnt yield much and I was wondering if there's much about the battles that turned Axlotol into a ruined city or if this is a place in lore than I have more flexibility? I have some ideas but would love some input before going crazy and finding out later than I need to rewrite it. I want to write a brief history and about the 4 slann who sit above the pillars, I already have something written from my original fluff that I plan to keep and will post below.

What are your thoughts? I'd appreciate it

From the heavens came a shooting star, the four hermit mage priests of Axlotol having their meditation of millennia broken stare at it. Over time they come to realize it is not one Shooting Star, but thousands, and soon dragonfly wings of star bright glory opened up to the heavens. Soon a large serpentine body unveiled itself showing bright orbs within the feathers of a a tri split tail and star like scales down the length of the body. A large feathered serpent head with moons as eyes soon appeared from behind the wings. This was not Tepok they decided, this was another forgotten god, another feathered and winged serpent Old One, she of the stars and moon. The dark moon Morsleb strained a moment as if its corruption was halted, but then began corrupting moonlight all around it once more. All around them stars fell igniting the long burned out torches and braziers of the long abandoned temple city. Skaven eyes shown in the darkness below.

Finally the large serpent let out a call, the force of a sun exploding let out. Lunging forward more stars fell down from her wings upon those skaven below, the stars turning into serpents on the descent. Moments later Pure and Tainted Moonlight shown the shadows of The Great Horned Rat and The Giant Serpent locked in combat amongst the moons above.

One Mage Priest pulling out a thought to be lost plaque begins to read it slowly until finally muttering a single sentence...

"Metzlitlaco has come"