1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Baptism of Blood A Path to Glory

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by John1974, May 15, 2018.

1. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

so the tournament starts in a couple days and is gonna go for approx 6 months... ive played a heap of games and i think im down to a couple options
    basically the army is the same in each but im deciding to the elite unit im gonna take

general
    slann - incandescent rectrices & vast intellect ( allows to choose 2 followers 1 of which can be an elite)

units
    20 skinks broken into 2 units of x10

now im considering either of the following
    EOTG
    Skybow stegadon
    bastilladon

Ive played with all the variartions including the stegadon sunfire flame throwers and i quite like it and it works good but initially there isnt gonna be alot of enemy units on the board to take advantage of the 8" range..

skybow and bastil play very simular though i do use the steg to teleport close to an enemy thats taken an objective and use that -3rend to take appart groups..
    so what do you think will work best at the start of those 3.. either way im thinking of taking one of the others next round so round 2 id have 2 elite units

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I would say Bastiladon because of the range and rend and because he is more sturdy.
    You don't have a lot of wounds on the table so a sturdy unit will do you a lot of good.

3. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

so you think start out with a bastiladon then pair it up with another bastiladon or steg in the 2nd round... onlly cause in this the skinks die extremely fast and im always left with just the slann and monster that i use, and the steg at least has decent range and much better melee than the bast, which ive found myself in a few times especially with a double turn and stormcast hunters able to run and shoot

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Of course it depends a bit on the enemy you face but the Steggy unfortunately can die (or at least lose a lot of his offensive powers) quite quickly to shooting with rend (which will probably be more common in the new edition, SCE ballista for example) or ranged mortal wounds, while the Basti doesn't.

Both are useful and my second choice would be the Stegadon because he is really good as well.
    Hard choice.

5. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

atm we have 17 players in the tournament and theres a biit of a mix couple undead, nighhaught think 4 searphon players stormcast Iodaneth, sylventh, firesyth and dwarf..oh and naturally a couple chaos.. not alot of shooting so far ive found with the others but with the stormcasts whos using hunters and palladors and lord aquilor, the most effective thing ive fond so far is teleport my steg to 9" using curse of fates to get the movement and charge.. stink ability to move closer firing bow and javelins at the lord then charging in on him and then onto the palladors next turn has worked quite well.. in 1 turn i took out lord aquilor and half of the palladors before teleporting away next turn and sniping the rest.. think i took about 5 wounds total in that foray

6. Mormblwka
    Saurus

Mormblwka Member

Have you tested with summoning?
    I'd try EOTG with 14-17 for bringing more troops

7. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

weve put alot of limits on the tournament.. only 1 summon per army and its only a basic unit that can be summoned, and we are adding to the army once per month.. ive tried the eotg and it works well against small armies as well.. but then again they all seem to work pretty good.. although i do know someone is taking an undead hero on a dragon which ive never foght against lol should be fun

8. Mormblwka
    Saurus

Mormblwka Member

If you have such limits, then definitely bastiladon with the laser is the best choice)

John1974 likes this.
  9. Burwinkelito
    Saurus

Burwinkelito Active Member

Why limit the summoning? That is ridiculous......... File a complaint!

John1974 likes this.
  10. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

rofl... just to keep it at even play most of the players have never played aos seemed a little op for some armies to summon and some cant.. expecially since its not matched play with point which is where armies that cant summon are compensated with lower costs, but the costs dont come into

11. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

this is the final v8 of the game rules

Attached Files:

12. Earle Doudera
    Jungle Swarm

Earle Doudera New Member

summoning is fair because if you take a slann then you have only 2 followers to start with