1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bastiladon colour scheme

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Wolfsknight81, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Wolfsknight81
    Skink

Wolfsknight81 New Member

Hello all!

I have just got the Bastiladon and I am planning on painting him the green/brown scheme that's on the box front (green shell/brown body). I think I can figure the colours they used for the green shell, but I don't have the faintest idea which browns to use for the body (browns aren't exactly my strong suit I guess). Do any of you guys have any idea which browns GW used on the Bastiladon that's on the box (and on their site) or do any of you have any suggestions of how to build up a nice, light brownish tone that would fit well with a darker greenish shell?

2. JuQ
    Saurus

JuQ New Member

I think its not really brown but some kind of skin tone with brown wash, maybe sepia.
    I was painting my sauri in green and skin and kinda looks like that Bastiladon. Because of tha coice for sauri I don't want to paint my Bastiladon in that scheme and I don't like the the ark of sotek colour scheme suggested and im trying to think of a different combination.
    I love the orange and black Blastiladon in this page, but I dont know how they did it. You guys have any ideas?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=10300034-gws