1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Battalions & Battlelines

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Ixt, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

1) Let's say I make a 2000pt list that includes a Sunclaw Starhost. I field my 3 units of Saurus Warriors.

Will the 3 units of Saurus Warriors satisfy my 2000pt Battleline requirement?

2) Can 'HERO, MONSTER' units take relics?

3) Can I use LoSaT to remove my units from combat?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

1) Units in Battalions still count towards you battleline total so long as they share the same allegiance as your army.

2) Heroes with the monster and behemoth Keywords can be given relics. However, only the rider can be equipped with a weapon relic.

3) Yes you can. It is often extremely advantageous to do so.

Aginor and Ixt like this.
  3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

thx lizwiz

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

As said, yes.
    You can do pretty nice tricks while doing so... because yes, the most obvious reason is to remove a half-depleted unit from a fight it's going to lose, but there are other interesting possibilities.

- bring back a dinosaur of the thunderquake starhost to heal
    - teleport at 9" a stegadon, move it again with the skink Alpha, and charge the same unit it was already fighting, enjoying again the bonuses to stomps attack for the charge
    - fall back with your units of 10 knights of a firelance starhost, gain the +3 to charge for the presence of the ScarVet, and deal again 2 MW for each 6+
    - remove from the fight a unit of razordons, shoot, and have your opponent think twice about risking another Stand & Shoot

Ecozh, Canas, ILKAIN and 4 others like this.