1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle Tech

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Caneghem, May 5, 2010.

1. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Anyone ever play the Battle Tech tabletop game in any form? More specifically interested in the non-hex style so that it could be played on a warhammer table.

The models for that game come pre-painted, correct?

I just have always loved the Battletech universe ever since playing the Mechwarrior games.

2. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Oh your thinking about the Mech Warrior: Dark Ages game from wizkids? They come prepainted. Not the best paintjobs to be sure but they are relatively cheap. I played it once and it was pretty fun, however my group got into heroclix at the time so that was it. It was actually quite fun, and the clix system actualy works really well(where the stats is on the miniatures base, and can change after each wound etc...).

It is a simplification of the battletech rules, so they are preloaded mechs I believe.

Oh and it is pretty easy to explain the rules to people too, so new people can jump in pretty quickly.

Edit: Oh and it is much more strategy based because if I remember correctly there are no dice rolls. It is just stats vs stats, and LOS arcs etc...