1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Seraphon Overview (updated to AoS 3.0)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Killer Angel, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yep, AFAIK that's correct, as it has not been FAQed.

2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Sunblood seems like a good candidate for it. 6 attacks and he can benefit from +1s to hit pretty well and good.

Course, could go on a Scar Vet with a spear too.

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

fair enough when you use Nagash's hand of dust or soul stealer, but say quicksilver swords or other more "physical" spells like a regular fireball should be affected by scaly skin. And that's ignoring the amount of effects that are just purely physical, but don't count as attacks according to the bit you quoted earlier.

And making the distinction between which ability/attack/spell/whatever is "physical" enough to be affected by scaly skin just makes it into a confusing mess.

As for GW could've phrased it differently if they meant just "reduce all damage by 1 dealt by 1 per instance of damage", GW isn't exactly known for its consistent and accurate phrasing :p

Lizerd and Judge dread (Saurian) like this.
  4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

@Killer Angel , I have a proposal on synergy table structure. We have a lot of to-hit bonuses, but very few to-wound (I think, only single one, actually) and just a bit attack bonuses. I'm afraid a large portion of the table would be empty, while the last column will be oversaturated, since we have a lot of special abilities.

I propose to structure buffs as offensive, defensive, movement, magical (we have quite a few) and other. This will help to reduce entries on the last column and remove colums with only a couple of entries. What do you think?

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I'd go for scarvet, because sunblood is too slow and the number of attacks is the same. This will work best with dual carnosaurs - Oldblood and ScarVet. You can give Eviscerating blade to Oldblood then.

Lizerd, Carnikang and LizardWizard like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

mmm... keep in mind that i want to keep columns with a straight "+1 to something", as it's much more immediate when you want to see how to stack combat bonuses.
    I could certainly merge "to hit" and "to wound" into just one column, with a note for the ability of the sunblood. That would help

regarding magic and move bonuses, i was thinking to keep them in a separated table: the ones already posted ar for combat. At that point, i will move a couple of the abilities already listed in the right column.

but i'm still thinking on it.

Lizerd, LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  7. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Just want to point something out. The warscroll doesnt say that you need the skink keyword you just need the seraphon keyword

8. Eoin Tehemundi
    Skink

Eoin Tehemundi Member

Quick question, with the new battletome would you suggest I do the EotG or just an ordinary stegadon?

Lizerd, IggyStarhost and LizardWizard like this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

if it's your first model i would say basic stegadon.
    When you feel the need for a EotG, i would say that that 1 is enough. Gone are the days of my lists with triple engines…

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

EoTG needs other multi-wound models to heal for it to be worthwhile. So don't field it on its own, have it bring some stegadon friends (or carnosaurs etc.)

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Added analysis for battlelines.
    I don't know when i will be able to update again the tutorial (except for modifications of what's already written), but i hope soon.

12. Eoin Tehemundi
    Skink

Eoin Tehemundi Member

Cheers @Killer Angel and @Canas, I have a troglodon 2 bassies and a carno so does the advice still stand? P.s. sallies or razordons in the new battletome?

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

BURN BABY BURN, LUSTRIA INFERNO!

14. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Nice analysis on the Saurus Knights! I do believe the +1 jaw attack is always in Coalesced and in Koatls Claw the +1 to hit is granted on the charge.

If put up a list for I firelance I want to buy with 3x10 knight. If you have the time, I’d love your two cents on that! Its in the army list section :)

15. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

If you dont glue the engine of the gods(with the priest in the stairs) on it, you can slide it in. And it sit very sturdy. Same goes for the Bow. I have the bow attached to the skink. But both not to the stegadon. You can than switch when you want. You only cant build the Big fire statue on the back. If you need pictures let me know!

16. Eoin Tehemundi
    Skink

Eoin Tehemundi Member

I'll give it a go cheers

LizardWizard, Lizerd and IggyStarhost like this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

An EoTG can work fine then. Especially if you have a free hero slot anyway. If you magnitize it or just stick it on top loosely you can even just re-use the same model. Given that it's a flat howdah it's not very difficult.

Also, worst case scenario, just buy two models, you need to get to 8 stegadons eventually anyway for stegagadon :p

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

By the way, could you put the table of buffs in such a way that it can be ordered however the user wants?

E.g. press a button get it ordered by source. Press another get it ordered by saves etc. A basic excel-sheet would be fine.

That way it becomes significantly easier to browse. But I have no idea if that'd work on the forum

Lizerd and Nart like this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

remarks:
    - knights only get bonus damage on charges for their lances, not for their clubs.
    - Guards should basicly just be viewed as an upgrade to turn a slann into a capable melee hero. Providing him with 10 extra wounds & 16 extra attacks. They move at the same speed, and since the slann has a 3" attack range they can just bubble around him allowing him to attack from relative safety. It might actually turn the slann into a surprisingly capable melee powerhouse. Might actually be a fairly interesting tactic in certain games.

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

I have absolutely no idea. :D

we could try to summon @The Red Devil