1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Seraphon Overview (updated to AoS 3.0)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Killer Angel, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Like I said, it’s a risky fight but even crippling the maw krusha will net you a pretty big return for the price of a much cheaper carnosaur.

another way to reduce risk is to soften up the maw krusha with some shooting, knocking off a few wounds before charging in

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Actually, it's still a pretty strong model.

3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

An FNP against mortal wounds and wounds is always nice

4. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Agreed, the 6+ FNP is attractive and the casting buff is still potent in it's it' right.

5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

but is he good enough to take up a hero slot we only get 6 and our army needs a lot of them at least 3 and at that point do you have the points to feild him? is his buff better then the other heroes? do you need the defence he grants? if so why not just bring a seer for 20 points more? do we really need +3 to cast? not many other armies get +1 to dispell 2 or 3 with terrain is probably good enough. i was interested in him becouse some armies out there can get verry good at casting and the +1 to unbind would do wonders against nagash CoS or Tzeench.

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

the limit on heroes should really be looked at, it seems excessivly punishing on an army like ours that relies on heroes both for our biggest scariest elite units & for our synergy.

7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I would say yes, for his price point the astrolith bearer has a lot to offer, granting your hero core extra defense well makes up for the points. Also that casting bonus is a bubble, so you can utilize more spells more effectively, also helps us compete in the magic game

8. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

I do believe it should go up by one or two perhaps, but I do think a restriction is in place to keep from whole armies of heros, or too many heros, is warranted. ESPECIALLY for armies with lots of synergetic buff heros. This way, we do have a limitation to work with that forces us to try and pick a build, or a lesser blend of several.

Of course, this is only in matchedplay.

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, behemoth heroes are already limited by the behemoth keyword. Wizards are already kept in check (too much to an extend) by the rule of one. Unmounted heroes are generally not super scary, even when fully buffed (with a few exceptions like daemon princes). And an all hero list will struggle to hold any objective. Also, you have no artifacts or battalions to benefit from. And no cp (unless you have stuff like a starpriest) so half your command abilities are useless. There's plenty of other limitations in place that should prevent an all-hero list from becoming dominant. I suspect most full hero armies would be terrible

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

I would say yes, even if he's no more a mandatory pick.
    An army will probably need a Slann / Kroak, and probably 3 heroes that give buffs. One will be another caster, so the +1 to cast will be good and anyway FNP is welcome.

11. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

And dont forget the d3CP in Starborn. It’s something extra!

12. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

oh no! Please dont use it on a Scarvet. I dont want it to be faq’ed. It is the only thing keeping my Bretonnian King somewhat worthwhile xD

13. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

I think most "screw Hero/Monster" stuff is on straight rolls but I'd really need to look over a feww to see if the Sword is an exception. Last errata round for Malign Sorcery mostly just made Doppelganger Cloak no longer the most broken artifact.

14. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

No it is on a 6+, pretty sure about it.
    The king has 6 attacks, with rerolls against monsters and heroes. And give himself +1 to hit for each CP. He can het pretty nasty. Although because of bretonnia, he still ie 400 points for a 10 wound model... so only with this cheese, heb is worth it!

15. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's correct, but on the stegadon hero warscroll it only gives +1 attack on melee weapons. So no 80 shots Skink blob. Or am I missing something?

16. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

Skinks get +1 attack with all their weapons if the unit has 15 or more models, so they always get 80 shots in a unit of 40. With the stegadon command ability, they could do 121 attacks in melee.

17. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad... Thanks for clarification

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Updated army abilities (w sub-factions) and Heroes (w command traits)

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

20. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Holy bejebus. 35 wounds. 4+ save. 510 points. I like his new abilities. Overall he looks okay. If not a bit expensive I suppose.

Then there is his summoning cost.... 50... CCP....