1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Best rider for carnosaur. oh, or just take troglodon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by serafellow, Nov 25, 2018.

1. serafellow
    Skink

serafellow New Member

Oh lol, I would love to see that conversion. Unfortunately however, it was a type:)

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Anyways, if you'd have 2 of the models I'd take either an oldblood and a scar-vet on carno. They're easier to fit in a given army than the troglodon seeing as the trog is mostly a distraction from the main threat. A trog I'd only start getting once you have some other threats to throw around, or if you reaaaaaally want only skink stuffs :p

Plus, a trog is relativly easy to kitbash with the remaining parts, there's a bunch of trog's coming out of a swamp kitbashed on the forum here.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

If you give the ScV the Sword of Judgement he should be able to kill most things. I got pretty lucky with 6's, but the two games I played against my friends Slyvaneth I managed to Kill Alarielle in a single round of combat with my ScV on Carno equipped with The Sword of Judgement.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

That weapon is so much fun. I like putting it on the verminlord corruptor. 10 plague reaper attacks that reroll to hit passively :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest, it seems like something that should be nerfed immeadiatly just on account of it's rather absurd potential. Even on the weakest melee focussed heroes it can easily give double digit mortal wounds, and that's ignoring stuff like verminlords with their high amount of attacks or stuff like a seraphon or undead army where you stack a bunch of command abilities/spells and end up with god knows how many attacks and re-rolls.

6. serafellow
    Skink

serafellow New Member

I think you only get 1d6 mortal wounds regardless of how many 6s you roll for the Sword of judgment. I may be wrong though.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

That would be more balanced but nope ;)

But yeah, the rule could have been clearer.

Canas likes this.
  8. serafellow
    Skink

serafellow New Member

Seriously? I rolled 4 6s last Friday!

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

The scar vet on carno does work better with the sword of judgement, but that "quality" is done better and cheaper by many others, especially with no +hit buffs, like to ironjaw warchanters buffing 1 guy to do mortals on 4+ AND get an extra attack when doing it. If we had any source of +hit combined with his command ability, then we would be talking.

I think the two carnosaur variants are very strange really, I'd like to know why the carnosaur itself is so different between the two, having the same potential +2 to hit with jaws seems a bit odd on the scar vet carno, as it already has 3+ to hit, so in many situations this will just be wasted, I can't think of another warscroll with this built in redundancy.

I often like to use the old blood to increase the attacks on his carnos claws, as that massively improves the odds of him hitting with the jaws. The oldblood jaws doing flat 3 damage instead of d3 on the scarvet carno it a huge deal. The oldblood is very frail though, so is a prime candidate for ethereal amulet, or miasmic blade with star priest support. The scar vet does ignore rend 1, but many of the most dangerous monsters have more than that anyway, so it is kill or be killed, especially as the carno degrades very badly on the profile.

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The rend protection is mostly usefull against shooting attacks from "minor" troops I guess. Stuff like SCE judicators kinda rip through stuff like our stegadon especially since these "minor" troops can be spammed fairly cheaply. Being protected from that rend is going to help quite a lot when it comes to it.

I guess the difference in his jaws is there to balance out against the lesser D3 damage instead of the 3 damage. Though they are indeed one of the few options of mounted unit where the mount differs in stats, usually it's only the rider's statistic that differs if they ride the same mount like this. It's kinda weird.

LizardWizard likes this.