1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Book of Ashur Deliberations Slann

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Andy06r, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I tried the combo tonight. For me it's a tad expensive (400pts at minimum) and you still rely on a good magic phase. I my game I think he died (lol...) in the 4 round in my turn. Up until that he had a mediocre first turn, rolled snake eyes in the second turn in winds of magic so that was hilarious and then I finally managed to rolled something like 6 +2 and channel 1, so 9 dice to me vs his 6 (he didn't channel).

From here on he could dish out a ton of spells which also resulted in 1 dispel scroll use from my opponnets and getting off both mystifying miasma and iceshard blizzard. In total I think I tried to make the mentioned + wyssans wildform (got dispelled by scroll), a boosted fireball he dispelled with dice and I managed to use the last dice to dispel a iceshard blizzard on my own unit.

So in total he managed 4 spells, which all got off and made one dispel with his last dice. That's a lot of stuff.

I can definatetly see why anywone would want, but as I said, a lame roll with winds of magic aint gonna do you any good. Personally I'm more of a naked slann type or just high magic, but maybe I'll use this some more. It'st stille xpensive though and it sort of limits your oldblood ..

2. harbinger334
    Saurus

harbinger334 New Member

WOW im definatly trying this i have a 4000 pt army to build and i could easily spend out on the book ill give it a try soon and see how it does at large point games. this definatly looks interesting

3. Andy06r
    Saurus

Andy06r Member

Pintaco, that's why I take a forbidden rod caddy. On your snake eyes then turns into a 6 vs 1 magic phase.

That way, on that phase you really need it you can grab 3-4 more power dice.

I often run an L1 forbidden rod caddy and and L2 scroll caddy and backup wizard, usually heavens on each. Extra copies of iceshard can't go wrong.

Edit - you can't dispel augments/hexed, so when you said you used your last dice to knock out iceshard ... Can't do that (only rip).

4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

That makes quite a difference on casting hexes and augments lol

5. harbinger334
    Saurus

harbinger334 New Member

ok guys im sorry if this is off topic but i dont want to creat a new one for it ive got a huge 15000 pt battle (all different armies) (1500 pts per side) and i was wondering about posting a battle report on how it all went including using the slann with book of ashur or having a forbidden rod caddy (havent decided yet) but im gonna have to post pics and i dont know how on lustria online as im new could anyone help me as to how i would do it? thanks guys i was wondering my part in the battle is 4000 pts so i will have to post it in stages. like i said sorry if this is off topic just didnt want to creat another topic. And also people are saying to use the forbidden rod but if your skink priest gets kille using it do you still get dice?

6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Check the stickied thread about how to post images in the painting forum

7. harbinger334
    Saurus

harbinger334 New Member

oh ok thank you pinktaco i will check it out im new to the forum sorry about that

8. Andy06r
    Saurus

Andy06r Member

Just so we're clear, you can dispel them "as normal" but you can't dispel them on your turn. The only spells you can knock out after the fact are Remains in Play.

9. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Yes I realize that. Last game I got both mystifying miasma AND iceshard blizzard off on a horde of greatswords, both dispelled in the following magic phase because we misunderstood the dispel rule. Those two spells would've made quite a difference since the GW horde only could hit on 6 lol

10. harbinger334
    Saurus

harbinger334 New Member

our club leader was adamant that you could even when we all showed him evidence that you couldnt dispell augments it makes such a difference to the game