1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brass-Etched Foliage/GW Basing Kit

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Thatguyoverthere, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Thatguyoverthere
    Skink

Thatguyoverthere New Member

So I received as a gift this year a Death World Basing Kit. Except for a rather pointless packet of gravel, overall the stuff inside is very nice: much better, in fact, than the pictures on the GW Website would suggest. One thing, however, I haven't a clue what to do with. The GW site refers to it as Brass-Etched Foliage. The stuff is paper thin brass leaves, plants etc. (see photos). My question is, how do I use this? The grooves on the surface of the leaves are so shallow that I am nervous about painting them. My brother suggested to me that some of the ones which looked like whole plants might be bent so that they stand rather than lie flat. Again I am concerned that the metal is so thin they will break.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Games Workshop Photo:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1760016a

IMG-20121229-00195_zpsa824ce64.jpg

IMG-20121229-00194_zps6ead20d2.jpg

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

no pics - no clicks ;)

you an use [pic] tags to get pics in your posts ([​IMG]