1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building my first army of Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PartyFoul, Jul 15, 2016.

1. PartyFoul
    Skink

PartyFoul Member

Hello everybody, with the upcoming General's Handbook for Age of Sigmar, I've decided to give it a go and finally pull the trigger on these Lizardmen / Seraphon miniatures that I've been admiring from afar.

I'm a bit confounded by learning how to paint the skin and scales, but I am enjoying the trial and error and very much appreciate the great content that I've found in this community.

As far as my army goes, I'm currently working through the old WHFB Lizardmen Battalion set, along with a Lord Kroak and a Skink Priest that I'm saving for when I am more comfortable with the textures and have settled on a color scheme. I'm also working on learning the Battletome, so I can be a bit more deliberate with my next few purchases as I theory-craft lists and build out my army.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks again!

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, don't be scared of experimenting while you paint it's the best way to learn, start a blog then we can comment on your models and help you when you get stuck, AOS is a great game and I can't wait to get the handbook, take your time and I bet your army will be fantastic.

Bowser likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome to lustria,
    Lizardmen... not the hardest models to paint.

Warden likes this.
  4. PartyFoul
    Skink

PartyFoul Member

Thanks a bunch for the welcome! Today, I assembled my first unit of Saurus Warriors from my Battalion box. Will start a painting thread once they get primed and I begin working on a color scheme.

Photo Jul 16, 5 56 10 PM.jpg

Crowsfoot, Warden and Bowser like this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

The saurus have always been my favorite, good luck painting them!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! Hope you like to drybrush, plenty of scales to go around!

Bowser, PartyFoul and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what you do with these guys.

8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I'm hardly one of the best painters here, but my main advice for painting scales is to try dry brushing. figure out whether your goal is to make scales look wet or dry and experiment with techniques from there. It's also fun to mix your colors to make patterns in scales. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.