1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Can an Eotg take a weapon relic?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by ILKAIN, Sep 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Title says it all, can an Engine of the gods take a weapon enhancing relic. The only melee weapon’s are the stegadons, but is it a mount or the unit? This is not named like “old blood on carnosaur” which very clearly specifies which is the hero and which is the mount.

2. Dr Kaos
    Saurus

Dr Kaos Member

It is fairly obvious that both the horns and stomp are the mount. But with RAW I haven't got a clue.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'd probably say you can't, or well it feels weird to pick em. Also, I don't think you'd really want to seeing as the EoTG isn't really a frontline unit given that you want it to be alive so it's engine actually works and need space to summon your guys into. Something defensive, utility focused or a ranged artifact seems better at first glance.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

NO, you cannot.

As you already know (but i will repeat it as this is a thread that could be viewed by anyone) by basic rules, the weapon relics cannot affect the attacks made by the Mount.
    (typical well known example: an Oldblood on Carnosaur can take a Blade of Realities but it will affect the weapon of the Oldblood, not the bite of the Carnosaur).

in this specific case, the hero of the EotG is the "Skink Priest" we see in the keywords… the stegadon is the mount of the skink priest. The Skink Priest doesn't have any weapon, thus you simply cannot give a relic weapon to the WotG

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Didn't realize the skink priest was the hero. well that sucks lol

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, that's a thing that comes from WHFB. The priest is there to activate the Engine… the Stegadon is just a majestic beast that is strong enough to carry the ancient artefact.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.