1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Carnosaur Tactica (Basic)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Kcibrihp-Esurc, Nov 8, 2014.

?

What do you think of Carnos

1. Amazing should worship the model as our New God

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Brilliant

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Good But There are Better Options

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Unsure

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. Bad but seen worse

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Bad, should know they're bad and we should burn every model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nice but too expensive to field

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. Nice but the Model is too expensive

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

Okay well some of you might have seen my Carnosaur Ideas thread, that was building up info in discussion for this Tactica and the quotes on the page are either from that or ZaGreekie's Dual Carno thread

Okay well lets get started

1.) The capabilities of a Carno are in some (Okay in quite a few) areas rather lacking esp. Weapon Skill and Initiative these can quite easily be smoothed over
    2.)
    3.) A Carno is born for combat (And so is his rider) They can't be targeted by Cannons in Close Combat but while it's safe-ish it can still eat your guy in a heartbeat so go after; Small Units of Cav or Medium units of Light Cav you can alo use it to eat Chaff, Scouts and support your Combat Blocks

4.) Use the Terrain, Walls, Buildings, Large Hills anything to hide behind as that way you aren't going to be shot as much and you get cover if they can see you

5.) Watch out for Brettonnians, One of the Vampire Counts' Special Characters and I think Tomb Kings get it too 'cause they get Heroic Killing Blow and by the Old Ones above! What is wrong with taking War Machine Hunters?

Also According to this: BRB FAQ & Errata
    Page 134 – Lords
    Replace both paragraphs with: “You can spend up to 50% of
    your points on Lords. Lords are the most powerful characters
    in your army, individuals possessed of fearsome martial or
    magical might.”

Page 134 – Heroes
    Replace both paragraphs with: “You can spend up to 50%
    of your points on Heroes. Heroes are lesser characters, not
    as intrinsically deadly as Lords, but still worth a score of
    ordinary warriors.”

Now ZaGreekie has Tactics for Murdering Peoples faces in with Carnos on HIS page my mainstay for tactics was Survival, ZaGreekie by the way is The Carno Master, so I'll leave you to think about my Tactica and place a few things from his page to encourage those of you who haven't been on it to check it out: Carnosour Tactica (including dual Carno Tactica) These are My Personal favourites from his Tactica
    EDIT 1:
    Also check out Scalenex's Amazing Tactica Index and his Amazing Fluff Pieces
    The Index is very useful and his fluff pieces are great!

If you have a Brain-Child that isn't listed here put it up on the Carnosaur Ideas thread (Just keeps this thread easier to read :D )

EDIT 2:
    EDIT 3:
    You guys are coming up with some really good ideas! Keep it up!
    However... Who the hell voted for the "Amazing we should worship the model as our New God" option on the poll!? 2 people did and I want to know who!! :jawdrop:

2. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

Another fun idea is take tetto'eko and use is vanguard move on the carno to get him in the enemys face faster. Pair with rippers or terradons most players make the mistake of going for the fliers to save their warmachines.