1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Cast the spells and summon? List thoughts

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by RageCage, Mar 26, 2020.

1. RageCage
    Skink

RageCage Member

Now having the book and time to paint/look into what I want to run with the new Battletome. I stumbled upon this list. It is somewhat refelective of the things I own/way they are built.

Allegiance: Seraphon- Starborne
    - Constellation: Dracothion's Tail

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (320)
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Ancient Knowledge
    - Artefact: Godbeast Pendant
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    Skink Oracle (260)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    40 x Skinks (240)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    5 x Chameleon Skinks (90)

Endless Spells
    Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)
    Bound Aetherboid Pendulum (60)
    Bound Malevolent Maelstrom (20)
    Bound Purple Sun of Shyish (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000

The idea would be to use all our casting pluses to cast all these spells along with our normal spells and Kroak's to throw out mortal wounds. Starborne also let us have flexibility to move about the table and screen/ claim objectives. Also if there is something that can't be dealt with we can still summon. Although not as good as it used to be. It says "In hero phase before attempting to cast the first spell with EACH friendly Slann or Oracle, you can say that it will carry out celestial conjuration. If you do so, you receieve D3 CCP but one spell less." Also D3 if your Slann is General and alive, and D3 for the Astrolith Bearer. SO in theory if you wanted. you could get 5 D3s for CCP per turn. (Up to 15 per turn) You won't do that most turns because spells are good but a nice option. Also throw in the terrain piece because its cool and you could always teleport the skink starpriest to it to spam more mortals.

Just my crazy ideas floating around. Pulsing the knowledge of the Old Ones.

Thanks!

2. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Alladin the Paladin Well-Known Member

I like it overall. Quite similar to the list I made trying to justify the Oracle.

A few points:

If you want to run blobs of 40 Skinks, why not go FoS? You can still give your Slann a decent trait, though the artefact isn’t as useful to this play style. It makes your Skinks so much better though.

If sticking to Dracothion (as I am thinking of), I am toying with giving the Godbeast to the Oracle. That way, when you drop him down behind enemy lines (or run him up like a madman) you have a 50% chance of surviving the inevitable nuking he will get. Also, I feel that a max unit of Salamanders will always be better than 40 skinks in Dracothion. You should also have a lot of CCPs so you can summon skinks for objective taking in subsequent turns.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but you can safely unbind the pendulum. It can only move the direction you place it, so unless you plan on putting your own guys right in front of it, it makes little sense to pay the tax.

Finally, strongly recommend a balewind (unbound is fine). It makes Kroak’s Deliverance so much better.

Happy Hunting!

RageCage likes this.
  3. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

I dont really see the point of this list in Dracothian's Tail. What are you gonna deepstrike with the ability? The list would be much stronger in Fangs of Sotek imo., where you get double shots out of the Skinks. I would consider getting a Skink Priest as well. +1 to hit is pretty awesome on the Skinks. Maybe swap 1x10 Skinks + Maelstrom for the Priest. Alternatively swap the Pendulum + Maelstrom for it.

Edit: The deployment happens at the end of the movement phase, so you could teleport a Slann to the flank of the opponents army and summon half your army. The problem is that since it is at the end of the movement phase, you wont be able to summon any of the endless spells or cast spells.

Imo. Dracothian's Tail really lends itself towards flanking with a bunch Salamanders and hope for a 9" charge to wipe anything remaining from the shooting onslaught. If all you got is Skinks, I'd really value the double shooting per round with Fangs of Sotek.

If you plan to flank with Rippers or Terradons, you might as well go Shadowstrike Starhost batallion and have them drop down 9" away without the need for the Slann to be in position.

RageCage likes this.