1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Charging into challenge shenanigans?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Pinktaco, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

This weird idea keeps bugging me, although I'm not sure if we'll ever actually see this scenario:

Say you happen have a solo OB and he charges say a WoC lord (Not DP) who's all alone. Odds are that we're equal and it's essentially an epic pillow fight.

Due to the special rule from WoC he have to issue a challenge and we have to accept. So now they're swinging at each other with their pillows and the question arises:

Could either one of the players decide to charge the with another unit and swing the overall combat resolution in their favor? Imagine a flank charge with 3 ranks and a banner. You'd be looking at +6CR. Wouldn't it be possible to bait players like this? - unless of course they have the crown of command :sorry:

It's an odd situation because they're still on the board, but we're not allowed to actually attack with anything outside the challenge so are we or are we not allowed to actually charge into the fight?

If the answer is "yes charge away" I realize this is a super special scenario and lilkely not to happen too often. Most people avoid single characters due to teh cannonz.

2. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Yes, that should be completely legal.

BR
    Agrem

3. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Totally agree with agrem

4. miturian
    Saurus

miturian Member

charge away

5. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Nowhere does it say that you cant charge a challenge.....as a Vampire player with love for the Blender on Dragon build, I would love it to be otherwise :D

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think the charge is perfectly legal in that scenario.

7. laribold
    Cold One

laribold Active Member

It can easily happen the other way around too.

Say a Treeman Ancient or WoC Lord on Disc or whatever lone character, is stuck slowly whittling down a Saurus block, there's nothing to stop your Flyblood/Oldblood Cowboy charging in and challenging. Thus saving your block of troops from further damage as well as benefiting from ranks & banners.

8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Yeah I already hard thought about that. It's just another one of those "oh and our cowboys can do this as well" things. The utility of an OB is amazing lol.