1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Chicken Lips Warhammer Armies

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Chicken Lips, Feb 12, 2015.

1. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Sadly nope...

Aginor likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ah OK. So it is only box art. Thanks!

3. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

If there was, I'd be keeping it!

4. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Yep. I opened up all of the boxes last night and no temple. Oh well.

There are a ton of models to put together here, but I got started on the 16 Cold One Riders last night though. Hopefully, I'll make some good progress over this weekend!

tom ndege and Aginor like this.
  5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Where on earth did you find all those fantasy Lizard boxes, especially so long after AoS dawned? Would love to know!

Why sell them in the first place? I’d keep them! Valuable reinforcements!

Chicken Lips likes this.
  6. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

I found the lot on eBay and bought it for $230. I'll need to make back what I spent on them and I could really use the added income. Quadruplets don't come cheap!

7. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Well, I started breaking into these boxes over the weekend and putting many of the models together. So far, I have 16 Cold One Mounts assembled along with the 10 Temple Guard. I also primed both and started painting the 5 Cold One Riders that I had not previously painted (the ones with spears). I have to admit, I LOVE seeing so many COR on the table all at once! Looks so cool, and sooooo tempting........ They may just all have to go on square bases! Definitely keeping the TG though. That gives me 30.

[​IMG]

I also managed to get some more work done on the Bastiladon's Solar Engine. It's pretty much complete now. I just need to finish the 3 riders and it's base. The Stegadon's throne is much more slow-going because there are SO MANY tiny details to pick out on it. I really want to do a good job on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Critiques more than welcome.

8. apollyonpt
    Skink

apollyonpt Active Member

Loving the bastiladon! Great work on it, can't wait to get my hands on a couple of them, my lgs ran out of seraphon items , so will have to wait for restock , love that you decided to pick the details and not paint it all same color!

Crowsfoot and Chicken Lips like this.
  9. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Thanks! Yeah, this big guy will be going up on eBay soon. Bid on him and maybe you can add him to your collection!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Good luck painting all those cold ones, I am looking forward to seeing the horde fully painted!

Chicken Lips likes this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Oh God, Saurus cav, I've got around 20 to paint as well!!!

12. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Lol, yeah, I just got these 16 (30 total), and then noticed where Lost Kingdom Miniatures is coming out with a new Lizardmen line, and they look incredible! I just might have to systematically go about replacing all of these units! Lol!

Lost Kingdoms miniatures 03.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 01.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 02.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 04.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 05.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 06.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 07.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 08.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 09.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 010.jpg Lost Kingdoms miniatures 011.jpg

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think the saurus and saurus cav look really great. The Razordon is the worst of the bunch in my opinion. Not sure about the Ninja Turtle Kroxigor, I'd have to see more pictures of those.

Warden and Chicken Lips like this.
  14. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Personally, I like the Salamander the least. I think it's the throne he's standing on that I don't care for. That alone would make the model hard to customize.

I kinda actually like the Razordon. He'd look much better than my current GW ones at least. I also think he'd look good next to all of the other L-men monsters.

My favorite (so far) is probably the Temple Guard. In particular, the Champion with the snake. Snakes have got to be my biggest fear and really creep me out! So this guy just looks super-nasty to me! I'll probably definitely be getting some of those. I dub my (future) Temple Guard champ, Jake the Snake!

Warden and Joshua Horchler like this.
  15. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

I really don't like th Sally either. The tail and preposed model don' do it for me. I really like the Razordon and the Turtles. I like the idea of expanding upon the different types of reptiles. I'm not how in the line with the fluff it is, but I love it.

Warden and Chicken Lips like this.
  16. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

IMO they went a little overboard/heavy on the headdresses. Although I love the Knight's headdress. Looks awesome.

17. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Well, these models ARE made with 9th age in mind (although I still play 8th edition) and some modifications would need to be made for AoS players (mostly round bases). But, hey, that's what us 8th players have to do now with AoS models! :p

18. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Lol, yeah, but just imagine how awesome that would look if you pay attention to all of those details! DANG!

Joshua Horchler likes this.
  19. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Do you know if they are releasing Chameleon skink models? I saw previews for some amazing Cham Skinks models and I think it was Lost Kingdom. I didn't see it on their FB page.

20. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

That I don't know. Would be nice though!